Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 09:36 PM
Aviak

Default Is the fun slippping away?

While the forums aren't a true measure of the server's collective enjoyment, it seems like there is much less of a focus on the forums for...
  • Leveling advice
  • Light hearted in game stories
  • Player run events
  • Giveaways

...and more of an emphasis on:-
  • Raid lawyering
  • Detailed debate about the "rules" of a particular spawn
  • Powerleveling
  • Injustices against a player
  • MQ'ing and the consequences on people trying to do rings/epics/etc

So I ask you, is the fun slipping away from P99? Is there a bigger decision to be made if a new(er) player wants to enter the raid scene shit show? What can be done to make P99 more enjoyable again? Is it beyond the staff's powers when dozens of players all want to shit on each other without "breaking" a rule?
Old 12-09-2016, 10:01 PM
Banned

I love playing this game for 2 months of the year and posting on the forums about it.

Thx 4 checkin N
Old 12-09-2016, 10:07 PM
Sarnak

Can you do a study between the amount of time spent on the forums between people who play for fun, and people who focus too hard on pixels?
Old 12-09-2016, 10:23 PM
Kobold

If your goal is to raid sixteen year old pixels six times a week then yeah, you're asking for a shit show.

If you're a normal person who groups a couple times a week for a few months out of the year then p99 is great fun.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:24 PM
Planar Protector

Is it true guild leaders are still boning lower ranked members to get more pixels?
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:37 PM
Sarnak

Whats the goal of the server? If its to provide a classic EQ experience then this is the classic EQ experience at higher levels.

If its to provide a classic EQ experience and to provide everyone (not just top guilds) with a classic EQ experience and to have fun then they need to make some changes:

1 account per person. There are lots of slots for alts but once they're filled up you can't keep equipping alts with raid gear by adding extra accounts.

Add lazy aggro (classic), get rid of monk -> sneak -> drop all aggro (not classic). That's going to make things a lot harder like it was on live.

Add luclin raid target zones someone in game. Don't need the whole luclin just the dungeons.

Make all raid target loot bind on pickup / not MQáble.

Sure its not classic but no lazy aggro and FD-sneak is not either. And the end of the day this should be fun and the needs of the many > the few tards who want to make it all about loot.
Last edited by Ikon; 12-09-2016 at 10:40 PM..
Old 12-09-2016, 11:07 PM
Planar Protector

The question "is the fun slipping away?" is a question that has no true answer as it's 100% subjective.

You will get purely subjective opinions on how the game should be played, how long it should be played, and how you should act when you play the game by forumquesters and trolls that dwell in these parts.

You can't judge the happiness of the server by using the server forums as a measuring stick. You know this. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-09-2016, 11:16 PM
Banned

OP is right, blue is still way better than red and we should be grateful for that
Planar Protector

I've lots of fun when I play ^^ Not played in a while because been busy outside of Norrath, but I really do have oh so much fun, even raiding *gasp* ^^ Like all things in life it is what you make of it. Never encountered someone or something on p99 that couldn't be made fun. Though I can count one or two that were challenges ^ 。~ Seriousness is the bane of fun. As soon as you start hammering that button for xp/pixel pellets, you doing it wrong ^^
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whats the goal of the server? If its to provide a classic EQ experience then this is the classic EQ experience at higher levels.
I completely disagree. You must have played on the same server as rogean and friends if your classic experience on live was anything like it is here. I can't believe some of the crap people pull here and then try to argue that it was "fair" or "not against the rules". Rules are great, and necessary, but there is also something to be said for just being a decent and nice person. Seemed to be a lot more decent and nice people on live back in 1999 then there are here.

I remember recieveing a random tell on my level 52 shaman, shortly after velious came out, asking if still needed the tear from plane of fear for my epic. When I replied with yes, I was invited along on another guilds raid JUST so that the tear would go to someone who needed it if it dropped. As there shamans online all had it already apparently. There was no thought of saving it to sell as an MQ. Just /who all shaman 50-60, and invites to the raid as a tag along.

Has this ever happened on p99? Or anything like it? Because it has not, to my knowledge. And ya, there are the rogue nice people that drop fungus on lvl 6 monks and 30k pp deposits into a lowbies coffers. But I, personally, have never heard of a guild playing nice on this sort of level, on this server. I mean come on..... We can't even set up a fair, and simple mob rotation system?!? Instead we're really just gonna poopsock and argue wether or not ogre body blockers are legal in foot races? Or wether or not class A is allowed to use ability Y because the person playing class B doesn't have ability Y and there foot racing to a dragon?!? The variance between class abilities is one of the many things that makes this game wonderful. When certain abilities and spells are being lawyered out of end game content, YOU NO LONGER HAVE CLASSIC EQ. Never in my life on live did I see a gm tell a player they were not allowed to use an ability or spell they had at there disposal, UNLESS said player was intentionally glitching the game. But telling a mate they can't coth, or a Druid that they can't use spirit of cheetah or a bard that they can't pull with lull resists through walls..... never happened in my experience. (These aren't necessarily against the rules in all raid zones, but I've seen enough arguing back and forth about the use of tactics like this that it makes me sad.) And it most likely didn't happen because people would recognize there OWN behavior as being not cool, or unfair, and stop themselves. Not push it and push it and then argue that it's ok and fair once they've been found out. Or it didn't matter because it wasn't an advantage as NO ONE foot raced to mobs, ever, in my experience on live. It was always clear to the mob, kill it where it spawns. No training the whole zone and picking the boss out of the train of 90 trash mobs. Stuff like this just didn't happen on my server, ever.

But then again, I never heard of raid lawyering till I came here either. So maybe that was the norm on whatever server you and rogean were playing on. All I know is my classic end game experience from live was nothing like it is here, except the zones, the zones are pretty similar.
Last edited by Dreenk317; 12-09-2016 at 11:23 PM..
Closed Thread