Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 03:46 PM
Sarnak

Default Group time commitments ?

I was just wondering, when going LFG or the reverse finding a player to fill a spot in a group what are the expected time commitments, obviously it would annoy some people if they were seeking a cleric for 45 minutes they find one and they leave after 10 minutes in group.

I am leveling a couple different tank chars, and I feel like if I spend any less than 2 - 3 hours in a group I am cheating them, would it be acceptable as a tank to go LFG and join a group for an hour of exp time then leave? does the camp matter? a camp close to the zone line that is easy to access not as bad as a camp that's deep in the zone and takes 10 minutes to clear into and out of?

just wondering what everyone's opinions and views on this was.
Old 05-31-2017, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeatee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was just wondering, when going LFG or the reverse finding a player to fill a spot in a group what are the expected time commitments, obviously it would annoy some people if they were seeking a cleric for 45 minutes they find one and they leave after 10 minutes in group.

I am leveling a couple different tank chars, and I feel like if I spend any less than 2 - 3 hours in a group I am cheating them, would it be acceptable as a tank to go LFG and join a group for an hour of exp time then leave? does the camp matter? a camp close to the zone line that is easy to access not as bad as a camp that's deep in the zone and takes 10 minutes to clear into and out of?

just wondering what everyone's opinions and views on this was.
I think it can be inconvenient having a player stay for a very short period of time, but honestly that's all it is.

I don't get mad when someone has to leave after a short grouping, I mean it's a damn game and people have life-obligations.

I think if a person wants to avoid the inconvenience of someone leaving a group after a short stay, they should construct the group with people who agree beforehand that they plan to grind for a certain period of time.

If I am in a PUG I don't expect anyone to stay a certain amount of time.
Old 05-31-2017, 03:54 PM
Sarnak

Around an hour is fine with me. Less if it doesn't take long to get to the camp
Old 05-31-2017, 04:04 PM
Fire Giant

If I only have 30 minutes during slow periods at work or 45 minutes before I leave my house , etc I'm just straight up

/ooc 52 necro lfg for 45 minutes
/g hey guys just so you know I can stay for 45 minutes max then I gotta go, sound okay?
Fauvana 54 Erudite Necromancer
Seliel 24 Erudite Rogue
Deepwalter 6 Erudite Paladin

Fauvano 40 Dark Elf Necromancer
Stoppinswords 11 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 05-31-2017, 04:06 PM
Sarnak

yeah usually a warning suffices for most group settings. Also its pretty dependent on the content you are grouped for and the group dynamic. If you have 2 monks a tank and the proper support losing a tank or a monk won't hurt the group. Just be straight up with your group-mates and most of the time they'll be very accommodating
Old 05-31-2017, 04:21 PM
Fire Giant

I don't think it's a big deal to join for 30 or 45 minutes if you tell them up front and they don't have to do anything like leave the camp and clear to get you. My personal rule is usually I won't look for a group if I have less than hour to give them.
Old 05-31-2017, 04:43 PM
Aviak

in mistmoore that seems to be the cycle sometimes 30-45min for a group member but that place is so busy its no problem to fill the slot

P99
Tada Necro
Mugan Shamen
Old 05-31-2017, 05:28 PM
Banned

It's a game, so whatever is a healthy amount of time for you is a good amount of time to play.

That said, I can commiserate with your experience leveling a tank. On Filbus, I found I was often in charge of leading group formation, and that can take over an hr to get together. Then you gotta milk it.

Most zones will spawn 3 times within an hour period, so even if you only stay 60 minutes I think that's totally fair. Nowadays, I also consider how long I've spent getting the group rolling...
Old 05-31-2017, 07:51 PM
Aviak

Always look for a replacement and let your group know 10+ mins before you jet is the common courtesy I've always honored. People will love ya
Old 05-31-2017, 07:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvurwolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Always look for a replacement and let your group know 10+ mins before you jet is the common courtesy I've always honored. People will love ya
I agree with this, but what in the event that you give fair warning and can not find a replacement in the 10 or 15 minutes?
Closed Thread