Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 07:36 PM
Sarnak

Default What's the best PP spot for lvl 60?

I focused so hard on leveling that I found myself lvl 60 with crappy gear and only 2k pp to my name. So now I am looking to earn some PP so I can upgrade my gear and buy some desperately needed resist gear for raids.

I am currently in OOT killing Seafuries since they drop actual PP and occasionally drop decent vendor sellable gems and rings. I can kill 4 per mana bar but even still the drop rate on gems is nerfed so bad that the money for an entire afternoon of killing was not that great.

Is there a better spot to hunt for money? I considered giants at the fort in FM since I am sure I can kill 8 or so per mana bar easily. Not sure if that would be better money or not though.

What do you guys think?
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 06-05-2018, 07:43 PM
Banned

Get creative with business ideas by selling no drop loot rights, mq, PL, and high level port services
Old 06-05-2018, 07:49 PM
Fire Giant

Farm polar bears as long as Lickity is there.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagpieRockyl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get creative with business ideas by selling no drop loot rights, mq, PL, and high level port services
This. Getting entrepreneurial and thinking "outside the box" will get you the most plat the fastest.

But, lots of people don't want to found a Norathian start-up, they just want to kill stuff. If you fall into that category I strongly recommend checking out the wiki's Treasure Hunting Guide (which is actually less of a guide and more of a long list of places to make plat).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyTheMuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Farm polar bears as long as Lickity is there.
LOL. As funny as he was, the polar bears contributed to my being so broke. I leveled 53-60.99 there and the bears/wolves drop 0 in coin and the only things I looted to sell was words and runes which were occasional drops and literally only sell for 1-2 pp each. But considering I easily paid out 500pp to clerics for rezes during that time so I probably broke even if I was lucky.
Old 06-05-2018, 08:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Kaluppo
60 Wood Elf Druid and member of Kittens who say Meow
Quote:
Kaluppo
Quote:
Kaluppo
Quote:
Kaluppo
Quote:
Kaluppo
60Wood Elf Druid and member of Kittens who say Meow

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-05-2018, 08:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The simpsons was the best. I never got tired of watching those episodes. Being a Druid is not the money making machine you think it is. For example, I went to OT zone earlier today and there was not 1, not 2 but 3 Druids camping the ramp and porting for donations. This was at 2 pm CST when the server was about 600 or so. There is too much competition for anyone who isn't sporting a "dial a port" tag.

But PotG for donations or PLing for donations could prove to be more profitable. I was just looking for mobs to kill that drop decent vendor sellables.
Old 06-05-2018, 08:51 PM
Fire Giant

60 druid options

Porting - not the best but brain dead and can be easy plat when your feeling extra lazy / just wanna watch a movie or Netflix and port

Power leveling - ppl pay for dis so I hear...

Otters -(quad) easy to quad just make sure to harmony the shamans and chiefs, drop Othmir fur (50p per) some velious gems and crustacean shell armor (I sell these for like 150p per piece)

Ice burrowers - (charm kite) highly suggest being non Kos with claws of veeshan else this could get just be suicide due to patrolling dragons. Easy to solo but can be very frustrating. They take about 12 to 15min to kill per burrower and often drop nothing. Their silk sells for 1k per. However like I said it can get very frustrating and time wasted due to bad drop luck. I had one day I got 3 in a row in like 40min and another day killed 11 and got zero

Peggy cloaks- while bard is the best class at quillmane druids are pretty decent for him as well. I'm not going to go over spawning him and how to solo it cause it's easy enough to figure out just reading his wiki page.

AC ring (jboots) - druids can port so binding on AC island and getting on the list for the camp can sometimes get you a ring, also port to sro at night time when not holding the oot camp and see if you can get lucky FTE on the sro ac
Old 06-05-2018, 09:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluppo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The simpsons was the best. I never got tired of watching those episodes. Being a Druid is not the money making machine you think it is. For example, I went to OT zone earlier today and there was not 1, not 2 but 3 Druids camping the ramp and porting for donations. This was at 2 pm CST when the server was about 600 or so. There is too much competition for anyone who isn't sporting a "dial a port" tag.

But PotG for donations or PLing for donations could prove to be more profitable. I was just looking for mobs to kill that drop decent vendor sellables.
I made 1500 just porting people the other day, its doable if you don't mind being prepared to be semi-afk/watching chat every 5-10 seconds.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
selling PL will drive you to drink. people don't show up for scheduled sessions, want to negotiate prices even after agreeing to a specific price, complain that "it isn't going fast enough," insist on you using their chosen location rather than the ones you're familiar with, etc etc etc.

just don't do it if you value your sanity, but then again if you valued your sanity you probably wouldn't be playing EQ in 2018
Wow when I purchase a powerlevel I just shut up , sit back and listen to the good (wo)man's instructions no questions asked.
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Closed Thread