Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2020, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's like 1200-1400 people that play on Green. How much more popular were they expecting on an emulated server? It certainly blows the other emu's out of the water population-wise.

I also can't imagine they did it for any hope of profit.
Lol yeah seriously. I mean, look at Tecmos's sig from Nilbog where he essentially says he doesn't care how many people play and that he does this because he wants to try and re-create classic.

I don't think anyone, including the staff, expected the eventual population of Green to be on average higher than it is at prime time. There would literally be no basis for such an assumption or expectation.

Not sure who this Bigsham person is, but honestly 90% of their comments about pretty much anything are completely incorrect or just otherwise baseless speculation lol
Old 02-12-2020, 06:21 PM
Planar Protector

Make your own patch notes! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

http://wiki.project1999.com/EverQuest_Timeline

So far we only have one:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_4_-_July_1999

But all that the other ones need is just for someone to take the time to copy that format (or improve it!) and then add details from http://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_Notes

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-12-2020, 06:25 PM
Orc

As an EQ tourist who may or may not ever take a character high enough to really do Plane of Fear, I found it kind of entertaining to be online the other evening when the word started going around that PoF had come online. For a while there was exactly one player actually in the zone, a high-40s rogue, and everybody in my Crushbone group was offering over-under bets on how long that player would be alone and/or alive.
Old 02-12-2020, 06:27 PM
Aviak

Typical P1999ers wanting to be spoon fed everything. Try enjoy the slightest bit of adventure and unknown for once.
Old 02-12-2020, 06:30 PM
Sarnak

not knowing is way more fun

the fucking nerds on this server have proven time and time and time again that they will do absolutely anything they can to ruin anything they can

"... I don't think I remember him digging for this long..."

The A-Team

twitch.tv/crexxus
Old 02-12-2020, 07:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waedawen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the fucking nerds on this server have proven time and time and time again that they will do absolutely anything they can to ruin anything they can
Insightful, poignant, and well-reasoned....[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Anyway. I did appreciate the Fear repop that basically vaporized everyone in-zone. And subsequent trains that killed another slew of people. If folks aren't dying en masse in raids, are they really living?
Old 02-12-2020, 08:01 PM
Banned

they call it plane of fear for a reason
Old 02-12-2020, 08:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorsmash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's like watching these guys fumbling the ball on the one yard line with 3 seconds left to win the game. It's been 10+ years just to get here, the moment they ~not us mind you~ have been working for.

I've got to guess which part of the Fear patch from live was implemented? I mean it's free and I donate so I'm still going to enjoy playing, but why does it seem like I - a casual solo player - cares more then P99's developers?
And apparently some of the "patch" requires a reboot:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...92#post3084592

I wonder when the full "patch" is going to go into effect because it certainly wasn't last Friday.
Old 02-12-2020, 08:43 PM
Banned

The staff here are volunteers who have actual real successful lives and work on this stuff how and when it's convenient for them. We're lucky they even still care at all considering 2009 when p99 launched was alot closer to the nostalgic heyday of EQ compared to now when it's an old tired ghost that's been repeatedly raped by dogshit TLP servers
Old 02-13-2020, 12:56 AM
Sarnak

I remember when fear was launched on live. It was like a rumor that spread.

But anyway, I was pretty irritated about the merge with no announcement, but can you imagine the radio active poop socking that would have occurred if people knew their double dip ( or only real option for just 1 mana stone ) was going away ?

Same thing with fear and likely future patches. If the biggest concern are these thin slices of content, then it’s kind of in everyone’s best interest that they don’t make a big deal out of it. If you’re at the level that this even matters to, then your guild will figure it out for you.
Closed Thread