Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2020, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't seem to understand how manastone works. I'll give you 2 common scenarios.
<schooling>blah blah blah</schooling>
As much as I hate to admit it, I think he's right about these scenarios. I would not have the patience to play like this, which is why I didn't think of them and also why I thought the MS I had at one point was kinda useless, but if you're into this kind of play then yep it sounds worth having. I would not wait 80 hours or pay huge sums of plat for it still, but hey, I'm sure some would.

Someone else check the numbers, I am too lazy but they seem ok at first glance. If I'm going to be all opinionated, I at least need to be straight up when I'm wrong.
Old 02-23-2020, 04:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As much as I hate to admit it, I think he's right about these scenarios. I would not have the patience to play like this, which is why I didn't think of them and also why I thought the MS I had at one point was kinda useless, but if you're into this kind of play then yep it sounds worth having. I would not wait 80 hours or pay huge sums of plat for it still, but hey, I'm sure some would.

Someone else check the numbers, I am too lazy but they seem ok at first glance. If I'm going to be all opinionated, I at least need to be straight up when I'm wrong.
Really the only use for a manastone is clerics with 3000+hp or for wizards with an epic weapon, which epics wont be in the game till like next year?
So manastones are pretty worhtless right now. Clerics get the most bang now, but that is not so great with low hps.
Wizard epic gives 800 hp shield for free. So you can siphon that free 800 hp with mana stone. Wiz Epic cast time is 17 secs, manastone instant click. 800/60 = 13 clicks = 240 mana in about 20 secs, x3 = 720 mana per min for free. Ice comet costs wizards 400 mana. Ice spear costs 300, Sunstrike costs 450. So wizzy could IC almost twice a min infinitely or Ice spear 2.5 times per min. Best proly Ice spear (1200dmg) once, then Sunstrike (1650dmg) once per min infinitely. So 2850 dmg per min without losing any mana. Then the dragon bane and giant bane spells are 2k damage per 450 mana.
Cleric Complete heal costs 400 mana, so you would need over 2400 hps to be able to mana stone down to 800 mana, complete heal yourself, then have enough to complete heal again.
The higher the cleric hps the more efficient Complete heal will be, the more mana they can get out of manastones. Not sure on that side of the equation how good that is at its peak. What is peak cleric hps in classic, Kunark and Velious? Isnt warrior hps like 10k or so in Velious?
Kunark there are few items that can make the manastones more efficient, but you cant use manastones in Kunark.
Last edited by NPC; 02-23-2020 at 04:25 PM..
Old 02-23-2020, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Manastone is good for any caster if used correctly - end of story.
Old 02-23-2020, 09:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really the only use for a manastone is clerics with 3000+hp or for wizards with an epic weapon, which epics wont be in the game till like next year?
So manastones are pretty worhtless right now. Clerics get the most bang now, but that is not so great with low hps.
It's not about usefulness, its about status and banking an item that won't devalue with inflation. Remember the fat cats run the economy.
Old 02-23-2020, 10:49 PM
Aviak

even at 2000 hp manastone is extraordinarily good for cleric, about 10x faster than medding. With regen is becomes stackable clarity for every other caster. Whether its worth buying or camping is up to you, but theres no denying its an incredibly powerful item.
Old 02-23-2020, 11:03 PM
Planar Protector

tl;dr

Quote:
even at 2000 hp manastone is extraordinarily good for cleric, about 10x faster than medding. With regen is becomes stackable clarity for every other caster. Whether its worth buying or camping is up to you, but theres no denying its an incredibly powerful item.
Old 02-24-2020, 03:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Manastone is good for any caster if used correctly - end of story.
No, on 40th level hps regen 3 per tick, mana 17 per tick. If you have no way of regenerating hps, then its worthless. It becomes faster an more efficient to just meditate, even if you sacrificed health to below 50% an used bandages to heal back up. Its still faster to just normal meditate. Necros and shamans already have more efficient life to mana conversion, so worthless to them. Regular life regen is 3 hp per tick, thats 30 hps a min. So you could sac 60 hps every 2 min for an extra 10 mana a min.

When using it as a cleric you have to worry about low life agro, which if a cleric gets agro due to low life your group is gonna die. High level groups this becomes a much bigger part of grouping than low level groups. The cleric needs to be able to sacrifice enough life to be able to complete heal once then make extra mana.
400 mana for complete heal, you have to sac 1200 hps just to able to complete heal yourself back gaining nothing in the process.

Mana stone is not as useful as most think it is.
Old 02-24-2020, 04:00 AM
Planar Protector

Another way to look at the manastone is to say it converts your HP regen into mana regen at a rate of 60hp per 20 mana. Who wouldn't want to be able to flip a switch and say "Whatever I have for HP regen is now mana regen instead"? It's similar to a mini-clarity you can turn on and off at will.

As a cleric, you can ask your local druid or shaman for chloro and make additional use of your own HP that way.

Hey, would anyone use a manastone on a shadowknight, paladin, or ranger? I guess if you had a mana bar and you could wear a fungi, a manastone might be cool. Only in classic zones, though...just brainstormin'.
Old 02-24-2020, 07:09 AM
Sarnak

Don't forget doing that cleric dance you go from passive mana regen to active mana regen, no more house chores while meding, for some it's a pro for other it's a cons.
Old 02-24-2020, 08:12 AM
Banned

Ya no big deal just camp 12 yaks to get manastone

I'll be beating the doors off Seb as enc, no stone
Closed Thread