Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: You have been selected for additional screening.
This flimsy mask will surely protect me. 44 20.66%
I have or wish to have the Coronavirus. 24 11.27%
I have some other virus; HIV or maybe viral Meningitis. 7 3.29%
I am already dead. 67 31.46%
On my way to Vegas, Randall Flagg is calling. 32 15.02%
Mossad agents are dancing again. 39 18.31%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2020, 11:30 PM
Planar Protector

https://youtu.be/Iwuy4hHO3YQ?list=RDIwuy4hHO3YQ&t=2
Old 02-22-2020, 09:17 AM
Planar Protector

I just wish society took flu as serious as corona virus.
Old 02-22-2020, 02:34 PM
Server GM

gonna book a cruise to mexico soon if prices continue to drop.
Old 02-22-2020, 03:14 PM
Banned

coronavirus just a test trial for the real bioweapon to come in about 10-15 years
Old 02-23-2020, 01:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just wish society took flu as serious as corona virus.
It mutates. Besides washing your hands not much you can do.

The who 'flu shot' is for retards. They pick the strain they think (guess) is going to be the majority strain in the whole country. Last year was a complete miss as a example. This virus is dangerous because its brand new and doesn't show during the contagious period in the beginning.
Old 02-23-2020, 03:47 AM
Sarnak

Just did 3 weeks in Thailand through Chinese Taipei, came back today.

There has never been a better time to travel. The Chinese flag-waving tour-groups are nowhere to be seen. The loud busloads of Chinese leaving the hotels at 7AM don't exist. There are apparently cheap deals on certain flights as well. It is hurting economies badly, but good if you are a tourist.
Old 02-23-2020, 10:25 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just did 3 weeks in Thailand through Chinese Taipei, came back today.

There has never been a better time to travel. The Chinese flag-waving tour-groups are nowhere to be seen. The loud busloads of Chinese leaving the hotels at 7AM don't exist. There are apparently cheap deals on certain flights as well. It is hurting economies badly, but good if you are a tourist.
Guy just pop'd symptoms 27 days after exposure. Haaaaard pass.
Old 02-23-2020, 03:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorsmash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The who 'flu shot' is for retards. They pick the strain they think (guess) is going to be the majority strain in the whole country. Last year was a complete miss as a example. This virus is dangerous because its brand new and doesn't show during the contagious period in the beginning.
CDC knows the effectiveness year to year can vary, but overall it’s statistically very significant in softening the blow of the flu annually.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/14/healt...cdc/index.html

Especially for children. Even 47% effectiveness is a relatively high percentage on a cost/benefit ratio. The cost of a flu shot is next to nothing (with most insurances having it cost-free), and it only requires a single shot. As a counter example, I had to get an anthrax vaccine when I was stationed overseas and it required 6 pretty painful shots, and the effectiveness % of the vaccine was fairly abysmal.
Old 02-23-2020, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorsmash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yea, but people don’t take the basic preventative precautions like those you mention, or quarantining themselves (because their too worried for getting fired, ‘letting down’ their colleagues/friends/family, they ‘already bought tickets’ etc).
Old 02-23-2020, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CDC knows the effectiveness year to year can vary, but overall it’s statistically very significant in softening the blow of the flu annually.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/14/healt...cdc/index.html

Especially for children. Even 47% effectiveness is a relatively high percentage on a cost/benefit ratio. The cost of a flu shot is next to nothing (with most insurances having it cost-free), and it only requires a single shot. As a counter example, I had to get an anthrax vaccine when I was stationed overseas and it required 6 pretty painful shots, and the effectiveness % of the vaccine was fairly abysmal.
It’s surprising you don’t have it free to vulnerable groups (olds, weuns and carers). It’s so cheap and effective that the government would easily make back the cost due to prevented loss of revenue (sickness is bad for business and so reduces tax revenue).

Edit: for clarity I’m not saying I think the kids/elderly are working / being sick off work, i’m more thinking of people taking time off work to care for them, the sick not being out spending money, and the herd immunity effects immunising children will contribute to).
Last edited by Jimjam; 02-23-2020 at 04:03 PM..
Closed Thread