Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2020, 02:55 PM
Fire Giant

Consider rehab?
Old 01-15-2020, 04:02 PM
Sarnak

The lack of plat dupes this time around is taking its toll.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 01-15-2020, 04:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I play off-peak hours on Teal and EC is basically nonexistant. 10 minutes will pass with 1 person auctioning their same thing once every 3-4 minutes and 20 AFKs just standing there. I mean, its like 4am or 5am pacific time, but still...
Yeah Team economy is trash...same people selling the same items every day.
Old 01-15-2020, 05:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Prices on the new server(s) do seem out of whack, higher in many cases higher than not only on most original servers but also usually higher than the same items were on Blue during the 2009/early 2010 period. Rate of items entering the game also seems low. I suspect the problems could be linked; a higher-than-usual proportion of players might be leveling off cash/plat camps rather than item camps, leading to a somewhat inflated but item-poor economy relative to what might be more usual on a two to three month old setting. This might be Blue's influence being felt since leveling off cash camps was (and is) heavily preferred since the majority of low-level and old-world items were typically obsolescent and unwanted on that server.

Danth
It's a rough economy for anyone who rolled a melee class as their first character, particularly rogue or warrior. They need gear to keep up with naked casters, but they can't solo the camps that drop the gear they need, which puts them at the mercy of item farmers and tunnel fatcats.
Old 01-15-2020, 06:02 PM
Sarnak

It's too difficult or challenging to go camp the items I want.

And the items I want aren't being sold in the EC.

If they were sold in EC I doubt want to pay the price out would take to incentivize others to camp the items.
Old 01-15-2020, 06:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siege [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a rough economy for anyone who rolled a melee class as their first character, particularly rogue or warrior. They need gear to keep up with naked casters, but they can't solo the camps that drop the gear they need, which puts them at the mercy of item farmers and tunnel fatcats.
God forbid they get groups for exp and gear vs solo mentality.

Solo people need to play games designed for solo play vs complaining about not being able to solo everything in MMOs.
Old 01-15-2020, 06:05 PM
Aviak

Send a message via AIM to thedonkdonk Send a message via MSN to thedonkdonk Send a message via Yahoo to thedonkdonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siege [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously. People want 20k for a SSoY. What warrior is ever gonna have that?

If you can farm 20k in a reasonable amount of time you could also farm a SSoY.
Old 01-15-2020, 06:28 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also use the forums maybe someone will stroll by your auction on the forums while at work and you can set up a meeting time.
This.

Most of my items are sold via forum posts.
Old 01-15-2020, 06:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonkdonk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously. People want 20k for a SSoY. What warrior is ever gonna have that?

If you can farm 20k in a reasonable amount of time you could also farm a SSoY.
They are selling for less than half that on Teal. 10k is 10 hours of exp and vendoring trash in HHK. Hardly seems like a heavy lift.

And SSOY not a make or break item. There are other cheaper taunt weapons that do just fine until you're of level to camp SSOY.
Old 01-15-2020, 06:38 PM
Aviak

Send a message via AIM to thedonkdonk Send a message via MSN to thedonkdonk Send a message via Yahoo to thedonkdonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
10k is 10 hours of exp and vendoring trash in HHK.
I must be doing something wrong 'cause I only get 100pp/hour there.
Closed Thread