Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2020, 11:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Team harder to make successful imo. You could put in some kind of non-classic incentive to roll on a team that is lagging behind (+xp, +drop chance, +plat drop) but theres only a limited influx of new players that is going to come fill that in. Unkillable spy accounts to go check on a zone line, etc... One side is going to get overwhelmingly superior and nothing can be done to shake that up and you end up with another PVE server.

I see 2 real choices:

1) A rallos-style FFA server. Gear drop, but this REQUIRES events that drop no-drop gear to balance it. And id even say it requires non-classic no-drop sets that are not as good as regular gear (a variety of custom items for like every 10 level brackets, basically run through the item list and create a little less good version of actual items), but close-ish. Would be like Eve online. You only put on your top gear when youre running around with your crew but not so harsh as to prevent ghetto crews thriving. A server like this would be fun, better economy, you kill RMT cuz all the best gear can drop, but its more work for the devs.

2) Just a duplicate of red, but with no xp loss starting out, working guards, etc... preventing the nicest elements of the playerbase not able to stop themselves to shit where they eat from emptying the server for cheap lulz. Probably the easiest and best bet.

Like it or not #2 is probably your greatest chance at a healthy populated server, would also take the least amount of effort from the staff as well.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:04 PM
Planar Protector

Everyone been asking for a str8 up wipe since 3 years+

I'd rather have something different, some gimmick to get some people to try something new, with new dynamics to try to break.

Would require actual desire to make it work well from staff to sift thru the ungrateful neckbeard feedback and determine what is real feedback.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-01-2020, 06:23 AM
Sarnak

All we need is a wipe.

But there are like 10 sickos still playing, so that isn't happening.

If you want to help red, make those 10 people quit. Any way possible.
Old 02-01-2020, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

The two teams idea is kind of interesting in how NON classic it is. EQ never had 2 teams before ;D That would be interesting.
Old 02-01-2020, 02:01 PM
Fire Giant

It would really suck to get a whipe being a turn in away from epic as a magician, I'm not going to lie would cry tears lol. I'd still suck it up and start all over for the sake of the server being populated and all the fun fresh PVP resets brings.

They should leave classic 1 yr
Kunark 2 years ,(no velious) then refresh. I think a 3 year cycle like this will keep it active and populated.
Last edited by Christina.; 02-01-2020 at 02:10 PM..
Old 02-01-2020, 04:37 PM
Banned

do you have earth staff + crown?
Old 02-02-2020, 04:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It would really suck to get a whipe being a turn in away from epic as a magician, I'm not going to lie would cry tears lol.
ah yes the fabled "very important turnin that i'm too lazy to do"

gtfo
Old 02-02-2020, 09:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ah yes the fabled "very important turnin that i'm too lazy to do"

gtfo
Can we whipe whoever this stupid mf is too? GotDamn I hate toxic people.
Old 02-02-2020, 09:48 AM
Sarnak

Forget a wipe, not happening... stfu and get over it. They honestly shouldn't wipe anyways, because it would hurt their image and integrity. They just need to start a new server...it can even be an exact copy of Red, then after a set amount of time, merge it into current Red99. Rinse & Repeat.
Old 02-02-2020, 03:41 PM
Banned

wipe will still be a velious server and velious ruins everquest, should be kunark forever
Closed Thread