Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-22-2020, 06:42 AM
Aviak

Default Naming problems

Hi, I recently wanted to change stats on a new character I had. After deleting the character and making a new character the game said the name was rejected after trying to use the same name as the previous character. This has happened twice to me.

How can this happen to me? I can understand that by coincidence someone was trying to make the character name at just the moment I deleted a toon but to happen twice seems odd.
Hikoki - Wanderer of Kingdom
Old 01-22-2020, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

If you were from Teal and you made that character before the merge, your teal character still exists. When the servers merged a green copy of your character was made and you deleted that copy. Even though teal is gone all its names are in a database that is still live.

I had the same issue. At this time according to galach they cant get your name back, but once they wipe out the teal names it will be freed up. I put an x on the name I want in hopes its fixed soon and ill petition for them to pop the X off [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But they might not clear that database soon. I'm hoping it is, but it might be left alone until the end of green since the problem only effected so few of us and keeping the data doesn't hurt them much I'm sure data wise
Last edited by Cen; 01-22-2020 at 12:09 PM..
Old 01-22-2020, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

I have a name on Blue. I created a character with that name on Teal. I then deleted him, intending to remake him on another account. I deleted the name on Blue so it would be freed up, but I am unable to use that name on any account, even the original one. I can delete and remake that name on Blue, but I am not able to use it on Green. Hopefully this wipe you're talking about comes soon.
Old 01-22-2020, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a name on Blue. I created a character with that name on Teal. I then deleted him, intending to remake him on another account. I deleted the name on Blue so it would be freed up, but I am unable to use that name on any account, even the original one. I can delete and remake that name on Blue, but I am not able to use it on Green. Hopefully this wipe you're talking about comes soon.
If you deleted the name on the Green server post merge, then yes, this is your problem as well.

You reserved the name on the Green and Teal database by having it on blue. You created it on teal. When teal closed, your character was copied to green so you had the name now on green AND teals database. You then deleted after the merge, deleting the green character. You then deleted the blue character which just takes your name reservation away. You still have the name on teal. Teal no longer exists for us, but their teal database of names is still live.
Old 01-22-2020, 02:24 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just unlinked teal and rebuilt the name database. Try now.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 01-22-2020, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just unlinked teal and rebuilt the name database. Try now.
Looks like you got it! Thank you sir! Getting my petition back in now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-31-2020, 08:59 PM
Large Bat

Strange this happened to me just now. Was attempting to delete a level 1 character (dark elf cleric) to start a high elf paladin but upon creation I could no longer use the name as it says rejected. Now I'm afraid to delete other characters I have created to use later. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]