Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2020, 07:14 AM
Planar Protector

Default I think the class equipment section in the wiki could use a bit of love

I just glanced through some of it and lots of stuff missing. Platinum tiara is either missing or only added for planar loot of a lot of casters despite being BIS for a lot of them in planar and pre planar. Amethyst bracelet isn't even on any of the priests despite if being great for any of them and BIS for clerics. Azure sleeves is great for any caster, too. I think jeweled skull is missing from mana as well. Sure there are tons of others i just glanced over it for 4-5 mins.
Old 02-12-2020, 07:26 AM
Planar Protector

It's a wiki for a reason.
Old 02-12-2020, 07:31 AM
Planar Protector

I noticed it wasnt exactly right for a lot of gear but I'm not elite enough to know what belongs. Ive never been to a single raid in any iteration of the game.
Old 02-12-2020, 07:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right. so get to it.

This thread will serve as a reference for items that might be included. You are welcome.
Old 02-12-2020, 08:00 AM
Planar Protector

Djarn’s ring for pretty much every class. Not so many available compared to the number of players needing one. Definitely should be a well sought, ergo valuable, item.
Old 02-12-2020, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

So why don't you edit it then???
Old 02-12-2020, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This was mostly what I came to say, but also, two more things. First, all of the equipment sections on the class pages are actually "transcluded" (ie. copied) from other pages (http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Gear).

So, if you want to edit (say) the Shaman equipment recommendation for pre-planar gear, you really want to edit http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Pre_Planar_Gear. I've tried to add logic to "forward" you on to the appropriate page if you try to edit the Shaman page anyway, but it doesn't always work perfectly.

Also, to be clear, I didn't make it that way [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] One project (on my endless "to do" list) is to remake things so that the information is actually on each class's page, and is instead "transcluded" onto those other pages ... but it's not high on my list, as the current system does work.

Finally, what I really want to mention is that some classes now have entire pages dedicated to equipping that class:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Equipping_a_Shaman
http://wiki.project1999.com/Equipping_a_Druid
etc.

All of these pages focus first on the really key gear for the class, but then have all that same "transcluded" equipment info also. Personally I'd love to see every class get a page like the Druid/Shaman ones (some others already exist but aren't as filled in), so if you have some thoughts on basic gear recommendations for your class, feel free to copy an existing " Equipping a ..." page and make one for your class!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-12-2020, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

P.S. The other "Equipping a ..." pages are:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Equipping_a_Necromancer
http://wiki.project1999.com/Equipping_a_Ranger
http://wiki.project1999.com/Equipping_a_Warrior

I forgot that actually the Necromancer/Ranger ones aren't bad, but the Warrior one is super minimal (it basically just has good starting weapons).

Every other class still needs someone to make a page for them, and again it has to be by someone who knows their class well enough to know the core items. For many classes (eg. Warrior), I just don't know those items, and so can't make those pages.

(I actually don't know Necromancers that well either, but someone made a great thread about key Necro items awhile back that I based the page on).

P.P.S. I also forgot to mention one other major feature of these pages, or at least the more complete ones: armor set stat comparisons!

These took a lot of work to make (you have to copy them from each armor set manually, and some armor sets didn't even have stat totals), but personally I think having those stat totals next to each other like that makes comparing the sets a lot easier.

For instance, let's say you're thinking about getting your Ranger some Tigeraptor armor: by looking at http://wiki.project1999.com/Equipping_a_Ranger, it's now super easy to see that you'll lose significant AC, even just vs. Kunark armor (and even more vs. Dragon/Giant armor), but you will get some very good non-AC stats. Without the "Equipping" page, you'd have to jump between a lot of other pages to see all that.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 02-12-2020 at 12:34 PM..
Old 02-12-2020, 02:35 PM
Sarnak

I hate how much knowledge the wiki is spreading and fucking morons passing off as if they knew it all along.

hot take, i know.

"... I don't think I remember him digging for this long..."

The A-Team

twitch.tv/crexxus
Old 02-12-2020, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waedawen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hate how much knowledge the wiki is spreading and fucking morons passing off as if they knew it all along.

hot take, i know.
I think there's something reasonable to that.

Back in the day on live, knowledge was power. If you knew (say) how to recharge an item, you knew "elite tech" that very few others did, and it let you be better at the game as a result. In other words, you had a reason to be proud of your knowledge.

... but 20+ years later? Not so much.

Closed Thread