Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2020, 03:55 PM
Aviak

Rangers top the list for the worse class. they are mostly for the fun of playing them not because they shine in any one situation over one another. the EXP hit is huge, the lack of good spells to solo. Nothing they get makes them worth any one class on a raid during classic.

Kunark they do see a decent spike, but again, rangers are mostly for fun of the players play style, nothing else.
Old 02-22-2020, 05:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magerin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rangers top the list for the worse class. they are mostly for the fun of playing them not because they shine in any one situation over one another. the EXP hit is huge, the lack of good spells to solo. Nothing they get makes them worth any one class on a raid during classic.

Kunark they do see a decent spike, but again, rangers are mostly for fun of the players play style, nothing else.
For exp groups that are in outdoor zones (which is the path most take) they can potentially be the best puller.
Old 02-22-2020, 08:59 PM
Planar Protector

Last night, I had a group experience that changed my thinking on the topic of tanks. We had a warrior tanking at the Gnome castle in Sol A. The Gnomes are quite resistant to magic and fire. I was playing a druid. Because we had a warrior tank, I thought I should root every mob so the two rogues could easily backstab. The higher-level clockwork Gnomes resisted it a lot, and it broke early too. The warrior recommended we not root OR mez mobs. He actually held aggro better that way, and quickly, too. We focused our mana on healing him. We rarely had to heal the rogues. Maybe they were just good at managing their aggro. Or maybe the warrior was geared much better and simply topped the aggro meter like some kind of champion of Zek.

So...root can create easy-mode aggro on non-resistant mobs, but resistant mobs may require other strategies. Once again, strategy depends on situation, and we must be able to adapt.
Old 02-22-2020, 10:21 PM
Sarnak

There are just a lot of shitty players on this 20 year old game. Once you group with a skilled warrior, you will denounce hybrids. If everyone in the group knows the game, yes asking a lot, a warrior is best.

Fuck hybrids - fucking lazy backpedaling, keyboard turning spell and skill clicking noobs!

<3
Old 02-23-2020, 01:55 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrekt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are just a lot of shitty players on this 20 year old game. Once you group with a skilled warrior, you will denounce hybrids. If everyone in the group knows the game, yes asking a lot, a warrior is best.

Fuck hybrids - fucking lazy backpedaling, keyboard turning spell and skill clicking noobs!

<3
Yet we have no info on that warrior’s twink status. Granted, warriors ARE the most gear dependent so I’m sure it’s not inaccurate to say that a warrior can hold threat over 2 rogues with the right gear.
Old 02-26-2020, 04:30 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to vanix Send a message via AIM to vanix Send a message via Yahoo to vanix

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warriors go from one of the worst to one of the best in kunark/velious so although they are terribad now their time will come i s’pose
then why the fuck does my blue monk have to tank for groups even when we have sk's and pallys and warriors in the fucking group please explain this to me
Old 02-26-2020, 04:42 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to vanix Send a message via AIM to vanix Send a message via Yahoo to vanix
Default monks > warriors is all i'm saying

FACT: my monk back on the combine has pulled, positioned, and tanked full through the entire fight and survived for everything up to and limited to AoW and the few other really really hard hitting targets.. maybe tunare.. idk its been a while, but all im saying is that monks are pretty much capable of doing anything a warrior can with a small amount of exceptions
Old 02-26-2020, 05:38 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FACT: my monk back on the combine has pulled, positioned, and tanked full through the entire fight and survived for everything up to and limited to AoW and the few other really really hard hitting targets.. maybe tunare.. idk its been a while, but all im saying is that monks are pretty much capable of doing anything a warrior can with a small amount of exceptions
Less hp, less AC, more damage = better tank? Confused.

Can you? Yes
Should you? No

Be kind on your healers.
Old 02-26-2020, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by valenwood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Less hp, less AC, more damage = better tank? Confused.

Can you? Yes
Should you? No

Be kind on your healers.
I wouldn't say they are BETTER tanks but they are certainly doable as tanks for the vast majority of content since they are a damage avoidance class so their less AC and less HP doesn't hurt them as much.
Old 02-26-2020, 06:35 PM
Large Rat

Worst class would have to be Wizard. What other class HAS to be paired with a very specific OTHER class in order to feel strong, or effective? Bard song does not cut it, sorry. Wizards HAVE to have an enchanter in their group, or at least someone in the zone willing to be their C bot.

The only "niche" that druids seem to fill as a healer that's substantial is having an "outdoor shrink". Other than that, they seem to be the "Wizards of the Healers", always Oom, and rarely being able to contribute in a very powerful way. They sit in the back, and hope no one calls on them to be the main healer.

Let's not forget everyone that warriors rely on PROCS to generate the brunt of their AGGRO. They do this by focusing intently on the stat called DEXTERITY. No dexterity, no procs, no aggro, everyone dies. (Or they have tons of clickies. Just another thing that the other tanks don't have to worry about.)

Do Paladins or Shadowknights have to do this? Nope. Is the mob blue to me? Yes? Then I'm the best tank for it.
Closed Thread