Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2020, 10:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgo86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you’re a low level necro, giving your pet a halberd is a massive dps boost. Max hit is like 12 around level 8? I think. My pet was doing hitting for 20.
Yeah, any pet class at low levels doubles their DPS with a halberd, which isn't TOTALLY rare. Surprised it hasn't been removed for "#reasons".
Old 02-19-2020, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Does anyone know if the gatorsmash works on pets in p99? I know they nerfed that giant axe or whatever to not be equipable but curious if any other high dam weapons got nerfed too.
Old 02-19-2020, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

Pet will do Double the Dmg of the weapon equipped or their base dmg for a normal hit whichever is higher. There are some exceptions to this rule for lower lvl pets on certain weapons but items like executioner axe(pet would hit for 50) or gatorsmash maul(pet would hit for 60) should work on any pet of any level and would certainly make your pet super OP, on blue the weapons with dmg over 25 were a crapshoot on whether they were nerfed or not and I do not have a comprehensive list. Maul May or May not work.

For thinking low lvl Summoned pets(you don’t get items back) is probably have an ogre blacksmith forge a couple Ogre War Mauls 18dmg for pet hits of 36 for relatively cheap.
Last edited by Wallicker; 02-19-2020 at 10:46 AM..
Old 02-19-2020, 07:36 PM
Sarnak

Thanks for the replies, all. Necro pets absolutely used to have a bug where their attack speed was also changed by the weapons they were holding, but I guess that's just another thing that wasn't included even though it's classic. Ah well.
Old 02-19-2020, 08:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pet will do Double the Dmg of the weapon equipped or their base dmg for a normal hit whichever is higher. There are some exceptions to this rule for lower lvl pets on certain weapons but items like executioner axe(pet would hit for 50) or gatorsmash maul(pet would hit for 60) should work on any pet of any level and would certainly make your pet super OP, on blue the weapons with dmg over 25 were a crapshoot on whether they were nerfed or not and I do not have a comprehensive list. Maul May or May not work.

For thinking low lvl Summoned pets(you don’t get items back) is probably have an ogre blacksmith forge a couple Ogre War Mauls 18dmg for pet hits of 36 for relatively cheap.
So pets don’t have damage caps at certain levels? They can just start hitting for that much even at lvl 1??
Old 02-19-2020, 09:09 PM
Planar Protector

It’s weird, they would and wouldn’t depending on which weapons but on blue I had a lvl 8 summoned pet running train in crushbone hitting in the 40s lol
Old 02-20-2020, 01:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So pets don’t have damage caps at certain levels? They can just start hitting for that much even at lvl 1??
There may be limits, but I've seen level 1 pets hit for 20-22 with the rusty halberd drops.
Old 02-20-2020, 01:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegadeofunk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the replies, all. Necro pets absolutely used to have a bug where their attack speed was also changed by the weapons they were holding, but I guess that's just another thing that wasn't included even though it's classic. Ah well.
Yes 100% correct. Used to give the lv 49 pet FS daggers and they would hit like a truck and super fast. People could literally clear Lguk with ease. You could send the pet on the lord and the pet would mow it down like it was a lv 20 mob. That lasted a long time before they nerfed it. Not sure why this is not in the game.
Old 02-20-2020, 06:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust1d? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes 100% correct. Used to give the lv 49 pet FS daggers and they would hit like a truck and super fast. People could literally clear Lguk with ease. You could send the pet on the lord and the pet would mow it down like it was a lv 20 mob. That lasted a long time before they nerfed it. Not sure why this is not in the game.
Because this server is ruled by the function: max_disadvantage_to_player(classic, GM_idea).

aka: "the neckbeard function"
Old 02-21-2020, 03:25 AM
Planar Protector

Having worked with eqemu now for a bit, I think a big problem for classic mechanics, as opposed to classic data changes in the DB, is that you're basically stuck recompiling the server for every era, then having to deploy that whole new batch of binaries to "implement" the era. It's a pretty big headache.

(Idea for the p99 devs):

This is the reason I went with a Docker approach for my little test server, since you can just build multiple docker images of the code with whatever compile time constants you want, then deploy them on the fly just by changing the image tag. Takes like 60 seconds.

If you wanna see how I do it:

https://github.com/dbsanfte/eqemu-server-docker

You can use Docker build-args to pass in compile time constants to the compiler (admittedly I haven't put these in the Dockerfile yet but it's trivial), then do something like:

docker build --build-arg era=0 -t eqemu-server:march-1999 .
docker build --build-arg era=1 -t eqemu-server:april-1999 .
docker build --build-arg era=2 -t eqemu-server:may-1999 .

Etc.
Last edited by Dolalin; 02-21-2020 at 03:32 AM..
Closed Thread