Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2020, 12:04 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natewest1987 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait. They removed the proc ?
That was his complaint, only person here who got it. Who knows? Did they? They did not? Is it a bug? Did he make a mistake?

That's the problem with zero communication when changes are made to a game server. You cant even report it as a bug. Maybe half that list is bugs nobody knows because nobody's told us what has changed and not changed

Doesn't matter they Banned OP permanently for bashing staff lol.
Old 02-20-2020, 12:16 PM
Kobold

Wow are we not allowed to discuss topics in our own way? This is rants and flames after all.
Sure seems like the staff are getting a little too sensitive over this...
Old 02-20-2020, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

So classics it's more classic than classic
Old 02-20-2020, 12:33 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puluin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow are we not allowed to discuss topics in our own way? This is rants and flames after all.
Sure seems like the staff are getting a little too sensitive over this...
Apparently not we had a good laugh about it. I mean I'm not sure what they expect the reaction to be
Old 02-20-2020, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The low level quest exp changes was the main reason I found other things to play while periodically returning to Blue instead of diving into Green. Classic Everquest = playing with remembered values for experience from killing mobs AS WELL as completing quests. Period. It's as important as the value granted from the coin drop and what a merchant would offer you from your mob farming.

If the staff ever did blather out a line of "we were using the wrong values before and now they're right" - my personal experience from old retail Brell Serilis sharply conflicts with this, and so do 2000 era posts.

Kaladim Bone Chip Quest
https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...6&p=4#comments

Kaladim Crushbone Belt Quest
https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...4&p=4#comments

I clearly recall players using bone chips to reach a cheesy easy lvl 8 and CB belts to push 10-12 max when the returns became too harsh. I will agree that Blue 1999 DID have the values too high by a small degree, but Green's was tanked out of hand for a purpose other than keeping things classic.

And yet free Thex Daggers at lvl 1 were included. Green was a pick and choose environment of what was authentic and what wasn't. For the folks playing there and having a great time - more power to you and I'm glad that there's fun to be had.
Not disagreeing with you, just saying that;s what Tellin said.

It's definitely frustrating that there's not much communication. Sometimes they'll explain the source for things, other times they won't. And a lot of changes (like this EXP nerf) aren't even communicated in any sort of patch notes or update post. That's what bothers me the most. Even if they didn't provide backup information, at least let us know a change was made (for example, there's still people daily on Green wasting valuable platinum on belts and then going wtf when they turn them in...I feel like it should be communicated to players when the staff makes changes that could affect decisions you make in game like what to camp or spend plat on).
Old 02-20-2020, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

Filed under mad/bad
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 02-20-2020, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

Are you referring to this?

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=337220

Did the fix go live?
Old 02-20-2020, 01:42 PM
Banned

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaezed-Reality [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
mads detected, please enter life raft to "fuck off back to blue"

thank you for your interest and remember, fuck off back to blue.
drugs/fragile ego? No offense meant, I'd like to write another essay for Psychology Today.
Old 02-20-2020, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you referring to this?

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=337220

Did the fix go live?
Yes and he wasn't told about it so now we're all here.
Old 02-20-2020, 02:17 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by solleks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So classics it's more classic than classic
Closed Thread