Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2020, 02:14 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The answer is both: the harpoon when you backstab and the dirk any other time.
I would assume the act of switching the weapons back and forth, even if you could do so very fast would negate the extra DPS due to missing a cycle of damage to the time it took to switch them. Am I incorrect with this?

If I am right, what is the point of your answer? We know 9 is better then 8 for BS damage.
Old 02-20-2020, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annona [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would assume the act of switching the weapons back and forth, even if you could do so very fast would negate the extra DPS due to missing a cycle of damage to the time it took to switch them. Am I incorrect with this?

If I am right, what is the point of your answer? We know 9 is better then 8 for BS damage.
I dunno. Just how long does it take you to press left click on your mouse twice and and click a button on the keyboard?
Old 02-20-2020, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annona [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

For rogues, probably. For this difference in weapon speed, maybe, but for the extra 1 damage for all this? Not worth wasting effort.

Dirk mainhand and find a sexy slasher or blunt for offhand.
Old 02-20-2020, 04:35 PM
Banned

who would switch for backstab for a measely 1 damage?

in everquest faster weapon goes primary
Old 02-20-2020, 05:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is the obsession over the gloomwater in classic... its been trash in every era. just because it pierces doesnt mean its a rogue weapon.
I put these two items on my rogue alt semi-twink. What is the better option then?
Old 02-20-2020, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
who would switch for backstab for a measely 1 damage?

in everquest faster weapon goes primary
1. Cause you got nothing better to do as a rogue.
2. cause the main reason to pay a rogue is to do damage, and it does more of it.
3. the only other reason to play a rogue is to see big numbers, and it gibes bigger numbers/backstabs.

A better question is what kind of loser wouldn't?
Old 02-20-2020, 05:49 PM
Sarnak

Sub 46, who cares.

After 46, just go get a rot Eyerazzia.
Old 02-20-2020, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

As a middleground, get a better ratio secondary to the dirk as primary, and switch in the harpoon for a backstab just to the primary slot. Its effective and slightly easier then a swap of primary and secondary. A third drop in switch isn't that annoying.
Old 02-20-2020, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

Rot phinny trident pre 46
Old 02-22-2020, 12:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
For Rogue:

Gloomwater Harpoon 9/31
Polished Steel Dirk 8/23

Wiki suggests Gloomwater Harpoon but according to the DPS chart the dirk puts out more damage. Would I not want the dirk in main hand?
.29 gloom vs .35 Dirk pre lvl 35? Probably doesn't matter

Higher level when the weapon damage gets pretty different between weapons, your off hand weapon delay number will be important since it directly effects your off hand dps.
Closed Thread