Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 08-24-2022, 03:43 PM
Skeleton

So I paid off my wife's student loans after we got married and now I'm paying off other people's? Wtf .... my tax dollars arnt for this crap
Old 08-24-2022, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

black pill for blakey boi
Old 08-24-2022, 03:45 PM
Skeleton

I expect alot in return for paying off people's loans and neither Bidden nor any dems have yet to do anything but cost me more money
Old 08-24-2022, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

Healthcare, education. Tie anything they can to the individual via backward anti-American methods so the citizens are discontent and bad mouth it.

Black Pilled Commie BS works via discouragement.
Old 08-24-2022, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
$10k is nothing by the way. My car loan is many times that.
You can discharge your car loan via existing bankruptcy law any time you like. A lot of student debt cannot be discharged via similar means. That's a large part of why this issue has become the issue it has; with no means of debt management we're otherwise gradually falling back to a form of 19th century debt slavery. The universities are bringing this on themselves by fighting bankruptcy law tooth and nail; had they been more reasonable the point would've been moot. I do not particularly like student debt forbearance or forgiveness in a perfect world, but it's turning into a sensible option in our corrupt far-from-perfect world.

Danth
Old 08-24-2022, 03:55 PM
Fire Giant

I paid off 50k in college loans and I’m still in favor of this. The better thing would be to make colleges cheaper, but I don’t see that happening. Should be even more for technical degrees, and trade schools should be included if they aren’t already.
Old 08-24-2022, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can discharge your car loan via existing bankruptcy law any time you like. A lot of student debt cannot be discharged via similar means.
It could before the banks got heavily tied in with student loans, you could at one point declare bankruptcy and get out of your student loans. I knew two older folks who did it, right out of school Max purchased a cheap economy car then they both declared bankruptcy. They drove the new car while their credit was bad but they were debt free after 7 years.

College wasn't rammed down your throat as required for American life then but jobs were being sent overseas which mean the mills and plants were closing. That Tom Cruise movie about going to college instead of the mill, which were looked at as something of the past.
Edit: This is because Max and Sherry were exceptions to the rule. College just wasn't what it is now with how they have it setup.
"Higher Education" was an aspiration, not a standard for living.

TL/DR: The bank is going to get their money, up to including the police with deadly force.
Last edited by Mblake1981; 08-24-2022 at 04:03 PM..
Old 08-24-2022, 03:58 PM
Sarnak

When it's tax cuts for the rich or spending on military no one bats an eye - if it's helping millions of regular people it's bribing for votes or reeee communism
Old 08-24-2022, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It could before the banks got heavily tied in with student loans, you could at one point declare bankruptcy and get out of your student loans. I knew two older folks who did it, right out of school Max purchased a cheap economy car then they both declared bankruptcy. They drove the new car while their credit was bad but they were debt free after 7 years.

College wasn't rammed down your throat as required for American life then but jobs were being sent overseas which mean the mills and plants were closing. That Tom Cruise movie about going to college instead of the mill, which were looked at as something of the past.

TL/DR: The bank is going to get their money, up to including the police with deadly force.
Yeah, I remember. That was why I brought it up. Didn't have to get to this point. Decent system used to be in place but it got corrupted.

As for deadly force, once upon a time the government used to shoot workers who had the gall to go on strike. Maintaining a free society always requires work protecting it from those who would revert it back to human's default condition of nobles, peasants, and slaves.
Old 08-24-2022, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I remember. That was why I brought it up. Didn't have to get to this point. Decent system used to be in place but it got corrupted.

As for deadly force, once upon a time the government used to shoot workers who had the gall to go on strike. Maintaining a free society always requires work protecting it from those who would revert it back to human's default condition of nobles, peasants, and slaves.
I don't disagree. It's what has to be done.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiquola_Mill_Massacre

Quote:
The Chiquola Mill Massacre, also known locally as Bloody Thursday, was the violent dispersal of a picket line of striking workers outside the Chiquola textile mill in Honea Path, South Carolina. The strike was part of the textile workers' strike of 1934, which mobilized workers up and down the East Coast of the United States in response to the worsening labor conditions during the Great Depression.
Starbucks came in with their N.Pacific swill to shit out a union. So far no coffee workers have been shot on sight.

"Hey you need a middle-man to live an American life, the system is rigged!"
Last edited by Mblake1981; 08-24-2022 at 04:15 PM..