Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 11:31 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Soloing as a level 13 untwinked Ogre Shaman

Anyone have suggestions on where to solo as an untwinked "evil" shaman? I've been doing EC, but it's pretty slow since no ZEM and no twink items.

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-23-2017, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

If youre in that area, befallen is nice and easy.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

First off, I wouldn't worry so much about not having "twink items", because Shaman are powerful soloers even without gear, and in fact gear doesn't even help all that much. Especially before level 45 there is very little difference between a twinked Shaman and an untwinked one, unless the twink has a fungi tunic. Since (by my estimate) less than 10% of new Shaman start with a fungi, you're in the same boat as most Shaman.

Second, there's a great guide on the wiki called the Per-Level Hunting guide (link in my signature) that has lots of ideas for places Shaman and other soloing classes can hunt. You could do the Karanas (starting with the gnoll reaver in East Karana and then moving on to South Karana) but as an Ogre the two sister camps are probably better. By these I mean the Nybright Sister Camp in Lesser Faydark and Sisters Island in OOT. Both camps can earn you some great plat at your level, although both are popular so you may have competition.

One other idea is Kurn's Tower, which is recommended by another great Wiki guide, the Evil Shaman Guide. That guide is focused on evil Shaman like yourself, and while it has far fewer ideas than the Per-Level one the ideas it does have are especially well-suited for you.

Good luck.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-23-2017, 01:41 PM
Large Bat

I recently went through this as an untwinked Ogre Shaman.

I stuck around EC/WC until i had a few bags of lightstones. Then i did hand-in via Evil Research Quest in Sro (you may need to raise faction in Neriak first by getting a dark elf npc "drunk").

Then i grouped in oasis or soloed upper guk until i got lvl 14 spells.

From there i went to faydwer continent, for good exp at unrest and farming plats at Nybright Sister Camp.

/tell me in game @ Kugim if you have questions [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-23-2017, 01:58 PM
Aviak

Swampwater crocs in Guk, next to the heart spiders.
Old 10-23-2017, 03:40 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgriff02 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Swampwater crocs in Guk, next to the heart spiders.
Thanks all.

Which room are you referring to? 9 or 18 on the Guk map in the p99 wiki?
Old 10-23-2017, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

levels 1 to ~20/24 are very grueling for a shaman of any race. You won't start feeling the 'power' until 24+.

I can't recommend Kurns Tower enough from levels 12/13 to 18/20. Don't kill the molemen so you can do the basement.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-23-2017, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
levels 1 to ~20/24 are very grueling for a shaman of any race. You won't start feeling the 'power' until 24+.

I can't recommend Kurns Tower enough from levels 12/13 to 18/20. Don't kill the molemen so you can do the basement.
the tunnel area below the basement is killer exp till 24, no one goes down that far so it's always open. an untwinked solo sham would be tough but a duo/trio/group would be great exp.

the only issue is the honey badgers share spawns with the skeletons so if you only do skeletons eventually it will be almost entirely badgers.
Old 10-23-2017, 05:41 PM
Banned

Kurns if you want to do a dungeon.

The Scarecrows in West Karana aren't bad either for that level range.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:18 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kallell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks all.

Which room are you referring to? 9 or 18 on the Guk map in the p99 wiki?
They're near 18 on the map. There are 4 on the usual ~13 min or whatever guk spawn timer: one sitting in a little nook just N of the #18 on the map, one that roams in the water N of there, and then two in a little pool NW of where 18 is marked, on the way to scryer. One of the ones in said pool is higher level than the others and you need to be careful with it.

They're easy, solid spawns, no risk of adds as long as you're careful and don't let them run away into frogs. I usually pull them into those water-filled caves that have no mobs in them. In there you have plenty of time to kill runners and don't have to worry about frog or spider trains killing you.
Last edited by mgriff02; 10-23-2017 at 07:21 PM..
Closed Thread