Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2020, 03:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1rh3ad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the advice. We rolled new characters and are having a blast. I think I was just in a mental rut because I've been enjoying the game again. I rolled a druid so I can eventually make some of that sweet port money and get my warrior some better weapons. I think the different zones helped. We have done ro and oasis so many times the last times we played.
Good man! Now have a blast out there, and remember- Most folks can balance video games and life, the ones who can't, make their voices extremely heard.
Old 07-09-2020, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1rh3ad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When green started I got my ogre warrior to level 10 and managed to grind lizardmen for enough pp to buy a full set of banded armor and grabbed some some fine steel 1h weapons from a player killing ogre guards. I took a long break to focus on irl stuff. Recently I got the itch to come back and coming back my wife and I grinded on dervs, deathfists and crocs when we could find a group and 2 manned spiders and scarabs in Ro. The typical things you do. This time was different though. I felt like I've done all this. Walking through the tunnel I was watching the auction channel and it made me depressed. I will never afford this stuff. It just beat down my sense of self worth. Got in a group with some players who were not twinked to the point of being invincible but were dealing twice my damage and took hits like a truck. This made me feel even more depressed. While I am excited to get to level 13 for duel wield grinding felt like a chore. Nothing was interesting. I hope I'm not burned out on this game. I'm not sure what to do. I want to play but everything makes me sigh and not want to. I just watch the time fly by thinking about how I have to work tomorrow, or how there are things in irl I should be doing. The game feels like a daunting hopeless endeavor. Idk, I think there isnt really an answer for this I just wanted to vent a bit. Thanks for coming to my Ted talk.
Won't ever have fun unless you play the way you want. You know the rules by now. If you want early money making farming power you go caster. If you want late game gearing/pain to level/ perma LFG then you go melee first toon and accept the trials.
Old 07-09-2020, 06:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good man! Now have a blast out there, and remember- Most folks can balance video games and life, the ones who can't, make their voices extremely heard.
You could also try an enchanter. You can do the stein of moggok quest in your early teens and those sell pretty easily (or at least they did when I played a while ago maybe the economy is bad now idk). You can do things to optimize the time to complete the quest by buying certain cheap components in bulk (like the koala nuts), buying honeycombs from low level players, and getting ports (if ur low level can prolly get away with cheap donations just apologize and say sorry I'm new and don't have any money lol) Also double and triple check turn ins so you don't get your items eaten. Then you can try to find other loot appropriate cash spots like sisters in lfay, sell good items you get from group, then farm rathe HGs with charm when u get high enough level. And your chanter doesn't require any gear investment (though u may want to buy some cheap CHA stuff).
Last edited by TripSin; 07-09-2020 at 06:06 PM..
Old 07-09-2020, 06:07 PM
Planar Protector

This is easy, stop being depressed
Old 07-10-2020, 01:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Won't ever have fun unless you play the way you want. You know the rules by now. If you want early money making farming power you go caster. If you want late game gearing/pain to level/ perma LFG then you go melee first toon and accept the trials.
Knuckle you got your name back right? I never confirmed with you after I sent you the email.
Old 07-10-2020, 02:06 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. We rolled new characters and are having a blast. I think I was just in a mental rut because I've been enjoying the game again. I rolled a druid so I can eventually make some of that sweet port money and get my warrior some better weapons. I think the different zones helped. We have done ro and oasis so many times the last times we played.
Different zones definitely helps, and casters are a more varied experience than melees for sure.

Be open to picking some random places and seeing what’s there. I had mostly done it all and seen it all by the time I started my hard-mode halfling warrior in Classic so the whole farm-buy-race-to-the-end stuff was already old af. The devs made a lot of stuff able to be done in small groups and they tucked a lot of weird little quests/rare mobs into Classic if you know where to look. By the teens I was rocking Bull Smasher, the rare rat in Dagnor’s collar, the Splinflint hat from The Gorge, Scarab Armor, the Rivervale STA belt, random stuff. You can do all that stuff with an hour and a half here or there if you get ports. Plus you see the world!

If I wasn’t as aware of all those little oddball missions to go on it probably would have sucked killing wasps and goblins over and over in crap gear, though.
Last edited by danzig; 07-10-2020 at 02:08 PM..
Closed Thread