Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2020, 08:45 AM
Sarnak

Not to necro a nearly dead thread, but does the reduced clip plane and broken lighting aspects still plague the Blue server? Is anybody working on fixing the problem, or has everyone become content with, in my opinion, subpar graphics?

Nearly eight months since I logged in any of my characters. Sometimes I will get that urge, but after being here for three plus years looking at the game one way: beautiful horizons and stars in the night sky, only to get the "classic" label tossed onto those aspects and ruined while other non-classic aspects remain untouched, well, that urge fades when I dive into other games nearly just as old and much better looking.

Thanks!
Old 07-03-2020, 08:55 AM
Planar Protector

Blue and Green are both affected by it, some zones are literally unplayable because of it.
Old 07-03-2020, 09:38 AM
Sarnak

ok, there is a workaround for this.

1: go to eqclient.ini, and where it says "ShowDynamicLighting=TRUE" change that to "FALSE"

2: log in.

3: /q, but do not exit out of client;

4: log back in. you should now be able to see again, even if you're in velk's and more than 2 people are there.
Old 07-03-2020, 10:25 PM
Planar Protector

A workaround is BS. Things should just work after installed. Especially games.

Yeah the dynamic lighting was broken even before they implemented it. They knew it, Then they fucked over 2 servers. They don't have the time to make everything perfect.

I really wish we could just pay a staff to do things right. I'd pay 15/month easy for a WELL DONE P99 server.

Before all you nerds jump, yeah i know legal agreements prevent that.

So better idea, Dey`Break games should just hire the P99 staff to "Reboot" classic everquest. Its a good idea, the game should be built by people that have a heart for EQ.

Since nobody in the world has any new ideas, and everything from movies to games that are produced is a reboot, this fits well.
Last edited by Trexller; 07-03-2020 at 10:28 PM..
Old 07-04-2020, 09:10 PM
Sarnak

The dynamic lighting isn't just a QoL thing; at this point, it kinda breaks the game for stuff like ring war, velks raids or anything with a lot brighter surfaces where even a few players have light sources. I posted this in the stickied thread, but I noticed that during ring wars when my frames dropped substantially, just panning up away from the ground was enough to bring it back up.

It may be unclassic, but I liked the new water rendering and complex shadows. Everything still had the classic models/textures but these just added a little more dimension. I wish we could have them back the way things were circa mid, early 2019 and earlier.
Closed Thread