Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
Banned

Late adopters are an interesting part of any tech curve. Some folks are slow to change.
Old 10-16-2020, 06:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Late adopters are an interesting part of any tech curve. Some folks are slow to change.
If people knew how broken Enchanter was then everyone would be playing Enchanter. There really is no need for any other classes.
Old 10-16-2020, 06:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If people knew how broken Enchanter was then everyone would be playing Enchanter. There really is no need for any other classes.
You can find similar threads since the beginning of p99. Def one of those if can't beat 'em join 'em things.

Enchanters were OP in EQ (classic) and are gods on p99.

There is a reason this type of power wasn't recreated in other MMOs.
Old 10-17-2020, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not necessarily. I know what the class can do but I don't care for actually playing them. It's strong, yes, but not my idea of fun.

Enchanters on P1999 are silly, of course, but (if you can believe it) they're not nearly as absurd as they were when P1999 first opened. I well remember Enchanters solo'ing gukbottom because charm lasted full duration every time--you could set a clock for it--and readily landed on red-/cons. Oh and whirl-till-you-hurl also lasted full duration every time meaning they could effortlessly stunlock anything.

...Sure enough, even at its worst you had plenty of Enchanter players sitting around claiming, "Oh yeah this is totally classic and on the level!" People are consistent, anyway.

Danth
Closed Thread