Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2020, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The two tree ents in north east South Karana are a single camp because you can sit in range of both spawns and there are no corners or geometry/building separating them.
You and some players you know may believe and agree to this, bit it's not a single camp according to the rules.
Old 09-27-2020, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You and some players you know may believe and agree to this, bit it's not a single camp according to the rules.
Those are more like guidelines, the staff make the rules.

Take it from me, someone who argues that hill giants in rathe mountains are a single camp each.
And if you rule lawyer you can see that due to the tree ents being close together, killing them within seconds of their spawning means you're killing them. Because players can not kill steal. Once one is left up too long anyone can engage it. Note they're not FTE.

So I stand by calling it a single camp, in spirit. since traditionally it's one player keeping both spawns down. However they can't petition another player for engaging a tree ent that's left up for more than a few seconds.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 09-27-2020 at 01:36 PM..
Old 09-27-2020, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those are more like guidelines, the staff make the rules.

Take it from me, someone who argues that hill giants in rathe mountains are a single camp each.
And if you rule lawyer you can see that due to the tree ents being close together, killing them within seconds of their spawning means you're killing them. Because players can not kill steal. Once one is left up too long anyone can engage it. Note they're not FTE.

So I stand by calling it a single camp, in spirit. since traditionally it's one player keeping both spawns down. However they can't petition another player for engaging a tree ent that's left up for more than a few seconds.
baler no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khikik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is a difference between player recognized camps and Staff recognized camp's. Staff knows many of the player defined camps that don't fit fully within our rules are readily honored by most players. 9/10 Its best to discuss with other players and come to compromise when hunting in the same area.

Tldr; two camps, 1 for each static spawn point (open outdoor zone)
Old 09-27-2020, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
baler no
Did you know Elves have rights?
The Rules & PnP says you do!
And so do I!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My inbox is open for all camp dispute cases.
Don't let Ogres try to force you out of your camp.
From Treants to Dragons Baler's Rule Lawyering has you covered.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 09-27-2020 at 06:34 PM.. Reason: (kinda cringe)
Old 09-27-2020, 11:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
The two tree ents in north east South Karana are a single camp because you can sit in range of both spawns and there are no corners or geometry/building separating them.
Except the same can be said of the NW, Tower (green patch), Mid spawns for HGs in Rathe. Or Tower and Slant. Or Hobo and couple conifers. I would certainly find a camp that consists of 2 HGs more valuable than just one...

Clearly we just have to define it as one of the many player exceptions to the GM standard rule (1 spawn = 1 camp) without trying to justify it further.

I actually think there would be less friction by being quite upfront about the fact that it's technically two camps, but the vast majority of players recognize it as a single camp if someone asks rather than telling them it's one camp, them going to the forums to find that, in fact, GMs only enforce a 1 spawn = 1 camp rule and then going back and trying
to rules lawyer it, getting everyone involved more pissed about the situation.
Old 09-28-2020, 07:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it worth camping a single spectre in Oasis? It certainly seems to be worth it in the Feerrott. We'd all rather spend 1 hour camping 4 spectres than 2 hours camping 2 spectres. This, combined with respect for other players' time, is why most players will not invoke the outdoor 1-per-player rule. Most people will instead wait in line and let someone else camp both trees or all 4 specs or whatever, then take their turn and hope to be allowed to do the same by the courtesy of other players.
Specs in Feer are 6:40 spawns the ones in Oasis are on the 16:30 zone timer so no one in their right mind wants to camp one at a time. If the oasis dudes spawned every six minutes I promise you people would force claims on a single.

People cite specs on this topic all the time making the comparison without qualifying. Its a good example of how and why player agreed camps can start to diverge from "one spawn one player" outdoor rules, but they are apples and oranges other than both being the same mob.

Trees are similar, even though you CAN no one really wants to camp just one of the two so people defer in hopes to have the whole camp like you said.
Last edited by Fammaden; 09-28-2020 at 07:19 AM..
Old 10-02-2020, 08:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually think there would be less friction by being quite upfront about the fact that it's technically two camps, but the vast majority of players recognize it as a single camp if someone asks rather than telling them it's one camp
First, I would like to thank everyone for their answers. Second, I'm glad I've asked [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I understand situation now, and your answers made me better person in game. (well at least for this camp lol) While I understand it is one camp, I also understand the other argument and play nice policy.

Twice now, I came there to camp, saw a player that was easily handling both Treants, both times players unselfishly offered one Treant to me. In the past, I would have taken second Treant. But now, thanks to this thread, I decided to let player enjoy both of them. (and it is easy, if you are playing with more than one character) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

When I will be strong enough for both of them, if new player will ask for one, I will also share. But I will appreciate, if I will be able to level off both off them.
Closed Thread