Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-24-2013, 12:56 PM
Kobold

Default Getting Started

Greetings,

Was going to try out the p99 red server but when I click the link to the "getting started" it just brings me to the forums not a specific thread. I have titanium installed (I dabbled a bit on THF and SoD) I have my eqemu account created and used the all in one installer posted on here. I patched via the eqemu log in program. I have read several threads including the faq and while it never says anything specific it seems you just use your eqemu login but when I go to log into the actual p99 red server it boots me back to login.

I moved the install from program files to straight c drive which one of the guides says to do, my exe file is set with patchme as the guides say ,y host file is set correctly and set to read only. I am able to use two other eq emu servers fine so I am doubting it is a driver issue. Am I missing something, and do I need a specific p99 red account to log in?

Thanks,

Keg
Last edited by Absynthe2k5; 08-24-2013 at 03:25 PM..
Old 08-24-2013, 03:29 PM
Kobold

Also wanted to add I have been sifting through the forums but there is a ton of old content and many of the guides use exterior links which appear to be broken. Like the norrath new player guide. Can't seem to find the wiki either.

I totally don't mind doing the work myself but I feel as if I may be missing something.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:27 PM
Kobold

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey VII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you can't get it to work can always download and install this preconfigured titanium client

http://kickass.to/everquest-project-...-t7759902.html
Interesting thanks. My bandwidth is horrible but will download overnight. As I said before I have played eqemu servers like SoD and THF no problems (earlier today even). Don't quite know what the deal is here, do I only need my main eqemu login? I have separate logins for other servers.

I have gone through all my drivers again to no avail. Going to try another install see if maybe starting from scratch works.

Any ideas from the community?
Old 08-24-2013, 09:37 PM
Fire Giant

You will need to create a log in account at EQEMU. THAT is the log in name and password you will use to log into EQ on Project 1999 server.

This is a screen shot of what to look for after logging in at EQEMU:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Don't use the same name for your log in account as your log in for your EQEMU account.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:39 PM
Fire Giant

Welcome to Project 1999!

Project 1999 is a free to play, emulated classic Everquest server. We provide a nostalgic experience for those wishing to relive the old days of Everquest as it was between 1999 and 2001.

Table of Contents
1) Server Information
Project 1999: The Ruins of Kunark
Project 1999: Red (PvP)
2) Getting Started (Installation and Set Up Guide)
Installation
Forum and Loginserver Accounts
EQEmu Launcher
WinEQ
Optional
3) Global Server Rules
2+ Boxing
Third Party Tools, Exploiting
Language, Profanity, Harassment
Training
RMT (Real Money Trade) Sales
Naming Policy
4) PvE Server Rules
5) PvP Server Rules
PvP Level Range
FFA Zones
Death Penalties
Bind Camping
6) Forum Rules
7) Assistance, Troubleshooting, Petitioning, FAQ

1) Server Information

Project 1999: The Ruins of Kunark
This is our primary server, inheriting all base nicknames such as 'p99', 'p1999', and more specifically 'blue' (When being compared to PvP). This is a Non-PvP (PvE) Server.
This server is currently in the Kunark expansion. Epics have been released.

Project 1999: Red (PvP)
This is our PvP Server, nicknamed 'red1999', 'red99', 'p99red', or simply 'red'.
This server is currently in Kunark. Epics have not been released.

2) Getting Started - Play Guide

In order to play on Project 1999 you must obtain a copy of Everquest: Titanium Edition. Only a clean Titanium install will work. See our FAQ for more information.

Step 1 - Installation
Install Everquest Titanium to a fresh directory. This directory must be separate from any live Everquest installs and dedicated to EQEmulator.
DO NOT PATCH EVERQUEST. If you patch your Titanium install you will need to delete it and start over.

Step 2a - Forum Account
You will need to create an EQEmulator forum account in order to create a loginserver account. Do so by visiting EQEmulator.org and signing up for a forum account. Activate the account via the validation email.

Step 2b - Loginserver Account
Once you have validated your EQEmulator Forum Account, you must create a Loginserver account by visiting the Loginserver Page. It is strongly suggested that you do not use the same Username and/or Password as the forum account.
Make sure you do not forget this password, it cannot be reset or recovered.

Step 3 - EQEmu Launcher
We have simplified our patching process to utilize a global launchpad for all EQEmulator servers. Please download the EQEmu Launcher.
Install this launcher to handle the EQHost Configuration and Installation of required play files for Project 1999.

Step 4 - Optional WinEQ
Many users experience problems with proper CPU/Core Utilization or crashing which can be fixed by using WinEQ2. You can download this program from Lavishsoft.

Step 5 - Optional Files
These files are not included in the EQEmulator Launcher, nor are they required to play on either server. You may utilize them for your own enjoyment/experience.

To experience the Velious style user interface, navigate to your EQ Directory, then into your UIFiles folder. Create a folder named 'velious'. Download and extract this ZIP file into that folder: Velious UI Files.
To use this interface in game, you must /loadskin velious.

To hear the old style midi songs for loading, death, and combat, move the following files out of your EQ Directory (Into a Backup Folder):
eqtheme.mp3
combattheme1.mp3
combattheme2.mp3
deaththeme.mp3
Old 08-24-2013, 10:17 PM
Kobold

Default Boggled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You will need to create a log in account at EQEMU. THAT is the log in name and password you will use to log into EQ on Project 1999 server.

This is a screen shot of what to look for after logging in at EQEMU:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Don't use the same name for your log in account as your log in for your EQEMU account.
Thanks for the reply. As I said before I already have an emu login been using it for THF for about a year or more I think. So if no other login ID specific to p99 is needed then I dunno what else to do. Other eqemu servers work fine, I literally just reinstalled titanium again and used Duxa's all in one to set up, patched via eqemu login (4th time I have fresh installed since last night). When I log into the game and select p99 red from the list and click play it just hangs black for about a minute and boots me to login again. Been at this for a couple of days now so thinking it's time to move on lol.

I have tried updating my drivers most of which were already up to date, changed through about 4 screen resolutions, run the game in compat mode service 2 and on admin also tried booting in 640 option someone suggested from older posts. My host file is correct and my straight launcher shortcut is set right so neither Duxa's method or just straight login seem to work.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:20 PM
Kobold

You can have up to three loginserver accounts via eqemu should I create a secondary one and see what happens?
Old 08-24-2013, 10:49 PM
Kobold

Ok scratch it all, in the end it was a video issue. I had tried 800x600 and a few others both my desktop and the game didn't work but switch both to near 1280x720 and it worked! So all these re-installs and I just hadn't tried enough resolution combos I guess.

Thanks for trying to help folks.
Last edited by Absynthe2k5; 08-24-2013 at 10:50 PM.. Reason: typo