Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: How large should windows be?
Status Quo 10 11.36%
Smaller windows 47 53.41%
Larger windows 31 35.23%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 03:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyNomad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've thought about something like this too. One problem, and I think Sirken has mentioned this as a concern of his, is that some players live outside the continental US. I'm sure it's a minority, but possibly a significant enough minority that staff/we need to think about them too.
Except it wouldn't be a problem with a 16 hour window. Yeah, some euro people might not want to be there at 8am when windows pop because its actually 8pm for them or such, but they could still catch the end of windows during their primetime

its not like the euro guilds are contesting any high end velious content anyway. cant miss what theyre not getting (i could be wrong as im not very active in game)
Old 07-26-2016, 01:00 AM
Banned

There will be windows at all hours with 8 hour variance. There will be windows at all hours with 32+....the variance doesnt change much in the long run as far as raid times. Particularly if resets become a lot more rare and quakes don't reset timers.
Old 07-26-2016, 02:21 AM
Fire Giant

Could you imagine the uprising if variance was removed from the FEMA-camp feeder troughs?
Old 07-26-2016, 04:36 AM
Planar Protector

We've already have 96 hour windows with a chance of extended variance. People still socked in those conditions. Variance is not classic for the most part, should be removed in my opinion. However, I also see how variance also has its benefits in a server that's so far behind the natural timeline.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 07-26-2016, 08:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We've already have 96 hour windows with a chance of extended variance. People still socked in those conditions. Variance is not classic for the most part, should be removed in my opinion. However, I also see how variance also has its benefits in a server that's so far behind the natural timeline.
The socking wasn't done by nearly as many people as now. Also, mobs only had 32k hp and there were only what, 18 total raids targets in kunark old world?

With 168 hour windows everything is in window, and how many targets is that? Plus its one thing to wait for enough peeps to log on to kill trak,it's another waiting for enough for badass tov dragons.

Add in an afk autoboot feature too
Old 07-26-2016, 08:32 AM
Planar Protector

Put it all on an 8 hour fixed timer, adjust loot drop rates accordingly, let the neckbeards burn themselves out milling the same targets three times daily. Everyone gets to raid, leet loot is still leet. Also, remove item recharging and nerf Soulfires.
Last edited by Ravager; 07-26-2016 at 08:42 AM..
Old 07-26-2016, 09:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Put it all on an 8 hour fixed timer, adjust loot drop rates accordingly, let the neckbeards burn themselves out milling the same targets three times daily. Everyone gets to raid, leet loot is still leet.
I'd be on board for this too.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Add in an afk autoboot feature too
yeah stream socking is a thing. never underestimate people
Old 07-26-2016, 10:35 AM
Fire Giant

Poll would be greatly legitimized with a B/T option. Just sayin'.
Old 07-26-2016, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

bring back 96 hour windows with anti-sock window extensions (doesn't prevent socking, just makes it more painful)
Closed Thread