Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: How large should windows be?
Status Quo 10 11.36%
Smaller windows 47 53.41%
Larger windows 31 35.23%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 12:34 PM
Sarnak

If windows were enlarged significantly then tactics would just change to utilize fewer trackers at once with people taking turns on those. For example, if you had 96h windows in ToV, you'd basically just keep a ranger tracker and rogue FTE online around the clock all week.
Last edited by Victorio; 07-26-2016 at 12:38 PM..
Old 07-26-2016, 01:48 PM
Banned

So what I'm hearing here is that there is zero hope that anyone other than the two raid guilds will get targets...So fuck them anyway.

That's the sentiment more or less?

You can bring a horse to water but you can't make them drink.

Short windows would allow casual guilds to race better than any of these options. I know what I'm talking about because unlike most casual guild players, I know what it takes to get an FTE. You run to the dragon after a tracker calls it. Its not something only hardcore guilds can do...unless you make the windows huge.
Old 07-26-2016, 02:00 PM
Sarnak

As a very casual player and nowhere near being a raider, how _I_ would have my fantasy online game (stuck in my head) played out with these raid bosses (dragons) would be as followed:

+/- one week _and_ +/- 24 hours so it would be quite random.

Then I would have these raid bosses not appearing on any forms of tracking. "Realistically", it is not like these dragons would be walking around leaving footprints. Thus if you want to see if something is there, then risk your way into the depth of the dungeon and look into its lair...

...and if you're fried to a crisp, then yes - the raid boss awaits.

A bit of an evil streak in me.
Old 07-26-2016, 02:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axlrose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a very casual player and nowhere near being a raider, how _I_ would have my fantasy online game (stuck in my head) played out with these raid bosses (dragons) would be as followed:

+/- one week _and_ +/- 24 hours so it would be quite random.

Then I would have these raid bosses not appearing on any forms of tracking. "Realistically", it is not like these dragons would be walking around leaving footprints. Thus if you want to see if something is there, then risk your way into the depth of the dungeon and look into its lair...

...and if you're fried to a crisp, then yes - the raid boss awaits.

A bit of an evil streak in me.
How in the hell is that going to amount to you getting a dragon? This dream you have that the raid guild just wont notice a prime time dragon and the casual gets it, is just that, a dream.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 07-26-2016 at 02:12 PM..
Old 07-26-2016, 02:14 PM
Banned

Perhaps the larger window voters also prefer a different system than FTE. Kinda nulls the whole experienced raider angle you think you're speaking from

Do continue with the public self stimulation though
Old 07-26-2016, 02:24 PM
Banned

We got:

1) camping for days on end

2) rotation

3) FTE

to choose from.

Rotation is basically out from what I can tell. I tried advocating rotation. The reality is that most influential players hate the idea of rotation. Casual guilds don't care enough to insist on one loudly enough to get it. If they all came together they might be able to get a rotation that would let them have dragons. My suggestion was 1 week a month for casuals. They could work out for themselves how they play.

Because rotation is out, I think small windows is the 2nd best option. But I'm all ears if someone has a better idea that doesn't totally violate classic.

Edit: there is also the Luclin alternative. But we all know that's a pipe dream.
Old 07-26-2016, 02:29 PM
Banned

can i get a list of influential players?

how did they become so powerful?
Old 07-26-2016, 02:29 PM
Banned

First of all, they can talk in the raid forums.
Old 07-26-2016, 02:31 PM
Banned

Very Important Elfs
Old 07-26-2016, 02:36 PM
Banned

Pokesan knows if certain elves wanted a rotation, the staff would listen to them a hell of a lot more than me.
Closed Thread