Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 02-15-2023, 01:43 AM
Planar Protector

Smile Your hopes for a 2.0 server?

Some people are talking about some date in March that corresponds to some live date, so hope is alive and well. We know that the devs have been hard at work coding in stuff for the timeline for next time around, so obviously there will be a next time.

My big hope is for March too, and also some big news:
  • Red server- played out and finished, merged into blue
  • Purple server (PvP Teams) announced -OR-
  • Yellow server (red + green, PvP FFA) announced
  • Green 2.0 announced

No one needs two servers (blue, red) that are extremely old with broken economies and oversaturation of high-end gear. Blue players would be very upset to be merged into red, and no one on red cares about their characters anymore so this merge makes sense. Hopefully, the plan is still to automate the "recycling" of green, and I would like to see this apply to all future pvp servers as well.

Obviously, the next server will need to be a pvp ruleset, as the previous new server was a pve ruleset. It would be cool if going forward the next server is released at the halfway mark of the last server. So yellow/purple releases March 2023, green recycles ~June 2024, then new pvp server ~September 2025. This would help keep interest in the project, as every 18 months or so one of the servers recycles into blue and starts over.

This could be made infinitely cooler if there is a different PvP ruleset each time it recycles into blue. Maybe some of the green resets could include the FV roleplay ruleset or something, too. A pvp teams ruleset might be able to attract more bluebies, as they will have people they know they are safe with. I ofc like the idea of the pvp server maintaining the "classic" timeline that green will experience too, like no Erudite SKs until x date etc.

Then the project could always have blue, green, and whatever color the recycling pvp server is- maybe just keep it red?

anyway. just the hopes of one elf nerd. what are you hoping for the project going forward?
Old 02-15-2023, 04:51 AM
Sarnak

I just want Green merged into blue in march
one year cooldown
then rerelease teal in march 2024

Red has hefty amounts of custom stuff to goad people into playing red
Old 02-15-2023, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

I feel for you pvp guys, but the truth is there is just not very many of you.
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Old 02-15-2023, 11:46 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some people are talking about some date in March that corresponds to some live date, so hope is alive and well. We know that the devs have been hard at work coding in stuff for the timeline for next time around, so obviously there will be a next time.

My big hope is for March too, and also some big news:
  • Red server- played out and finished, merged into blue
  • Purple server (PvP Teams) announced -OR-
  • Yellow server (red + green, PvP FFA) announced
  • Green 2.0 announced

No one needs two servers (blue, red) that are extremely old with broken economies and oversaturation of high-end gear. Blue players would be very upset to be merged into red, and no one on red cares about their characters anymore so this merge makes sense. Hopefully, the plan is still to automate the "recycling" of green, and I would like to see this apply to all future pvp servers as well.

Obviously, the next server will need to be a pvp ruleset, as the previous new server was a pve ruleset. It would be cool if going forward the next server is released at the halfway mark of the last server. So yellow/purple releases March 2023, green recycles ~June 2024, then new pvp server ~September 2025. This would help keep interest in the project, as every 18 months or so one of the servers recycles into blue and starts over.

This could be made infinitely cooler if there is a different PvP ruleset each time it recycles into blue. Maybe some of the green resets could include the FV roleplay ruleset or something, too. A pvp teams ruleset might be able to attract more bluebies, as they will have people they know they are safe with. I ofc like the idea of the pvp server maintaining the "classic" timeline that green will experience too, like no Erudite SKs until x date etc.

Then the project could always have blue, green, and whatever color the recycling pvp server is- maybe just keep it red?

anyway. just the hopes of one elf nerd. what are you hoping for the project going forward?
Fuck PvP. Entire project would have been better off just ignoring PvP servers to begin with.
Old 02-15-2023, 11:51 AM
Orc

Sorry to tell you this my man but 95% of peoplle do not want anything to do with pvp. A pvp server would be an incredibly dumb decision. It won’t happen.
Old 02-15-2023, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Ban PvP posting in PvE forum sections.
Old 02-15-2023, 12:21 PM
Sarnak

I couldn't read. Too much pvp talk to keep my interest
Old 02-15-2023, 12:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
... and no one on red cares about their characters anymore ...
If that's true, then deleting Red and having no new pvp servers makes even more sense.
Old 02-15-2023, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

*Yawn* pvp talk.
Old 02-15-2023, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

Pvp is fun, but it's what a new red server brings that I would vote no. Salty training the ec tunnel for months . Spamming ec tunnel auc channel for a red server.
Trolling rogean and crew.

These people deserve nothing and it's actually nice having them not here.