Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 03:58 PM
Sarnak

I did about 75 in FV.

Didn't DC, but i stick with that it still isn't as safe as it used to be. Bigger hit box and faster mobs
Old 06-17-2015, 04:41 PM
Large Bat

Yeah its a bizarre thing. I just pulled most of BW and right before I engaged the mobs started acting really wonky. They started splitting up and my spells stopped working. Throughout this entire process, my ping is completely normal and there is no indication of lag.

When it happens, I can survive by heading to the nearest zone line, and after zoning everything is fine. Occasionally if I keep selo's on, it will seemingly randomly start working again, but only for one cast of the spell. The weirdest part is that if I stop trying to run, I can see them swinging (presumably at me) and walk away as though I die, and when I watch them kill invisible me, I disconnect and come back dead. They have to kill me for me to disconnect.

Oh, and I did 2-3 huge kites in Dreadlands, but it happened at 5 AM and there were about 120 (red server) people on at the time. I have not been able to kite during normal hours since this started happening.

I haven't heard of this happening to anyone else. Since this last patch, I also crash about 50% of the time after zoning. It feels like since I have the attention of so many things, everything is getting clogged up. It almost feels like a GM is messing with me or something...
Last edited by Joshk80k; 06-17-2015 at 05:05 PM..
Old 06-17-2015, 05:07 PM
Sarnak

Before the patch that "fixed" mobs (broke them for bards ) i had that happen once. Spell gems locked, wouldn't cast, etc. Happened in FV and there wasn't a single soul around, i had every dog i could find. I think the number of mobs just de-synced me
Old 06-17-2015, 05:29 PM
Large Bat

Pretty sure this is a problem on my end. Just ran a speed test and I am only getting 3 Mbps out of the 50 I pay for. I can see having 80 mobs on a 3 Mbps connection causing desync issues.

But anyhow, back on topic, since the patch I have been unable to strafe kite. Prior to this patch I would strafe kite with no movement speed. I tried this and mobs very slowly catch up to me now. I'm currently kiting by running diagonal and hitting mobs with PBAoEs. It's working, but I like strafe kiting better. Are you guys using Selos for strafing now?
Last edited by Joshk80k; 06-17-2015 at 05:32 PM..
Old 06-17-2015, 07:48 PM
Large Rat

i use to do this same thing in anarchy online with a nano-tech.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also i wanted to add that there is a mouse look toggle for p99. You dont have to always hold down the right mouse button. sorry if this has been suggested already.
Old 06-17-2015, 08:40 PM
Sarnak

Luckily im over 54 and have snare. I only use the bard to PL at the moment. I turn off selos and strafe until they get snared.

I do need to invest in j boots regardless
Old 06-18-2015, 03:37 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

was in loio last night, using this path. http://i.imgur.com/ixxvjVx.png
I died 3 times because I was stunned by a green tiger chasing me and train caught me. they run faster than skellies and goblins and I didn't think that a green could still stun me, well...
is there a place empty from them to circle ? how generally you deal with those ?
thanks
Old 06-18-2015, 03:39 AM
Large Bat

I actually go a bit southeast of where they recommend killing. More specifically, against the wall east of the goblin ruins is largely mob free. Also, despite what some guides say I have found that tigers do have a different run speed so I leave them out of the swarm.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:01 AM
Sarnak

wolves/cats generally have faster run speed than other npcs. don't kite them.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:44 AM
Sarnak

Any mob over level 5 (o Rd somewhere near it) can bash/stun.

Tigers have always been faster. I think rhinos may even be faster than them.

Charm whatever is with the swarm and keep making it attack the group
Closed Thread