Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 03:06 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then code it up Mr. Smartypants.

I am so sick of the pet classes and their non stop whining. I think I will go work on some other classes for awhile.

Haynar
/pity the next class
Old 07-11-2010, 03:34 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I'm a low level necro. I just dinged level 12, mem'd my new pet, and excitedly cast it. Thus far I have gone through two stacks of bone chips and have yet to see a pet higher than light blue. I assume this is not working as intended.
I have a necro alt and experienced nearly the same thing a couple days ago. I chain casted 20 pets and all were either dblue or lblue. I've come to the conclusion after playing a couple more lvls, that I will never summon another even con pet.

And if it helps I was level 12 as well, using the level 12 pet spell.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via ICQ to Qaedain Send a message via AIM to Qaedain Send a message via MSN to Qaedain

You can still get an even con at level 12, they're just quite rare compared to the other levels you can summon.

This was how it was on live
Old 07-11-2010, 05:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then code it up Mr. Smartypants.

I am so sick of the pet classes and their non stop whining. I think I will go work on some other classes for awhile.

Haynar
Awesome response from a dev. "I overnerfed a large number of the classes in the game, people are complaining but fuck you!" Haynar, you've added a lot of positive fixes for P99 but this wasn't one of them. No need to get so defensive bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zordana [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and to all the whiners: shut the fuck up if you cant contribute more than "QQ THIS IS NOT WORKING QQ" instead of a fix or at last an idea for a fix or anything....
all you cause with your stupid whining is developers gettin tired of working on things, cause it will end in QQing anyways..
A lot of people have been doing nothing but contributing valuable information in an attempt to get this fixed.
Last edited by Reiker; 07-11-2010 at 05:18 PM..
Old 07-11-2010, 08:09 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by tal597 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druids pets (charm) are acting strangely. When I send my pet in to attack, it hits the mob once then runs back to me. I have to spam attack to keep it on the mob. This seems broken, but I don't use pets much. I can't say if it was caused by this patch.
Seems to be fixed. Thanks.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:02 AM
Large Bat

Didn't read the entire thread and sorry if mentioned previously. Gems(the side game) was certainly not classic while functioning as intended buff times were.

Now to be fair I haven't played in a few weeks as I took a break because of that latter issue. If we are gonna be classic with mana regen times etc then buffs HAVE to last the intended period.
Gems SHOULD be excluded if we are going with the classic experience philosophy. Personally I do enjoy the return to challenge etc but not the lack of customization.

A tiny bit hypocritical to include Gems while forcing '99 graphics and customization and emu spell durations( I know it may be an issue with the client but so much else has been fixed why not buff lengths?)

My shiny 2 cps -)
Old 07-12-2010, 08:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
I did go through the database, updating all the mage pets today. So maybe they will patch soon. Some did get a max level bump. But nothing special.

And unless I am incorrect, all level 24 pets are supposed to dual weild. I need to go fix that, and make sure all the level 39 pets will do it without weapons too. Unfortunately that means some of the level 20 pets will end up being able to dual weild too due to level overlap, unless I can figure out a way to tie it to teh spell. I just might go for the easy fix. Oh well. If I get time tomorrow, i will be coding that up, along with taking away the hate generated from healing pets.

Haynar
I must admit I was a little apprehensive about the patch when it first came out. But now that it has sunk in a little, I am glad that they did it. Haynar has done a great job dealing with all the sarcastic, smart ass remarks from what I have seen. Charms, your a douche bag. Haynar might have more class to not tell it to you on the forums but I don't...so there.

If you are going to bitch and moan about something, do it before you come on the forums. Offer support in a constructive manner and not QQ over your "broken toy".

That being said...

I have not noticed anything "earth shattering" yet. I have summoned a green pet and a few LB pets, but nothing consecutively.

As for using the level 20 pet spell and summoning a pet that hits for the same and has the same DS as a pet summoned from the level 24 pet, that is a little off. There should be a noticeable difference between the 2 pet spells. If the pet spells were intended to scale this way, they would have given mages 1 single spell at level 4 called summon pet, the pet would scale as you level, and it would be used till 50.

Just my observations.

Thanks Haynar for the good work so far, keep it up!
Old 07-12-2010, 10:23 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Awesome response from a dev. "I overnerfed a large number of the classes in the game, people are complaining but fuck you!" Haynar, you've added a lot of positive fixes for P99 but this wasn't one of them. No need to get so defensive bro.
*sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of people have been doing nothing but contributing valuable information in an attempt to get this fixed.
if you cant read, dont reply! i was talking about the whiners which dont contribute and i wrote that clearly..

[50 Warrior] Rumzuck Umbatsch (Ogre) <Remedy>
[34 Druid] Vito Corleone (Wood Elf) <Europa>
[35 Necromancer] Torak (Dark Elf) <Europa>
[13 Shadow Knight] Rumzerg (Dark Elf) <Europa>

EQEmuLauncher
Have your files up to date, switch between servers nice and easy, and more!
http://moestaverne.com/

Old 07-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Large Rat

Bottom line is Necros and Mages always had sick pets! Soloing things all day that whole groups are fighting(Even after the freaking patch). Do you want proof to my claim? Simply check out The Oasis.
But come on why do this to Enchanters? I cant even freaking solo Blue camian without lossing my lvl 16 chanter pet with Quickness and buffed up. I dump all my mana in one croc then wait 20mins to med back up while i watch Necros kite all day and Mages solo Red crocs with the greatest of ease. Most of which are a much lower lvl then me!!!

It seems the main focus for the patch caught Enchanters in the cross fire. All i ask is please look into it.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[50 Warrior] Rumzuck Umbatsch (Ogre) <Remedy>
[34 Druid] Vito Corleone (Wood Elf) <Europa>
[35 Necromancer] Torak (Dark Elf) <Europa>
[13 Shadow Knight] Rumzerg (Dark Elf) <Europa>

EQEmuLauncher
Have your files up to date, switch between servers nice and easy, and more!
http://moestaverne.com/

Closed Thread