Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > NPC Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Default Traknon's Teeth - Animal/Plant Genocide by Frogloks

Hello,

I visited Traknon's Teeth on P1999 as my ranger. In hopes to find Sigra (a named Tiger in Traknon's Teeth with a nice belt with Dex on it.)

I spent 3 days in 3-5 hour time periods searching the zone.

I found there is something wrong about this zone.

The wiki states:
" Dangers

This vast space is home to many dangerous, wandering creatures. Many of them are aggressive, and many of them are very difficult to see against the underbrush and the ground while moving through the zone. Frogloks of all types are a frequent sight, and the more dangerous trakaraptors and trakanasaurs also wander freely and are aggressive."

But this could not be farther from the truth. I couldn't find a single Trakansaurs or trakaraptor wander freely in the zone.

Soon I had a friend cast sense animal in zone. And nothing came up. I thought but how? How could all of the animals be ... just... gone...
*imagery of Thanos snapping his fingers came to mind and all the animals dissolving to dust*

Thinking maybe it was a time of the day thing I visited the Ruin with Cockatrices located at Number 2 on the map on the wiki page for Traknon's Teeth. Found 3 frogloks there.

Sat down and began to kill them and wait while checking track. To my amazement animals soon took their spawn spots. I could not keep up with the respawns but I didn't have too. I saw cockatrices, tigers, raptors and plants fighting with froglok stationary/wandering spawns. And the Frogloks would often just MURDER the animals.

In reality I am sure frogloks and undead aren't suppose to own all of Traknon's Teeth and this is just a minor bug. I also then realized if Sigra did spawn it may not live to wander that long before it died. *sad panda face

I took the time to see on live the spawning/wandering pattern animals and plants in Traknon's teeth for:

Cockatrices - https://eq.magelo.com/npc/11773
Raptors - https://eq.magelo.com/npc/11774
Erollisi bloodthorn - https://eq.magelo.com/npc/11759
Tigers - https://eq.magelo.com/npc/11776

Perhaps the frogloks can learn to live with the animals and plants of Traknon's teeth through their faction table.

And maybe the Undead can remain KOS?

Thoughts? Or "Everything is fine shut up! Botten! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]"
Old 05-22-2019, 01:32 AM
Fire Giant

I recommend posting this in the “bugs” section of the forums, instead of the “velious bugs” section. It might receive more attention there.

Thanks for your contribution
<The Second Sons>
Old 05-22-2019, 10:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I recommend posting this in the “bugs” section of the forums, instead of the “velious bugs” section. It might receive more attention there.

Thanks for your contribution
The staff likes having people post in these forums.

It seems strange to me too, but it's the only logical conclusion one can draw given that these forums have been left up for years since Velious has been released (and not been renamed, had a sticky added to the top saying "don't post here", or anything else like that which would discourage posting).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread