Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 08:03 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default New Rogue Seeking Advice

Hello everybody, i recently started a rogue in this server, and i finally received my Backstab skill, now i've gotten so far only 2 weapons.

Fine Steel Dagger: Dmg 4 / Delay 19
Great Snake Fang: Dmg 5 / Delay 27

FSD seems to have higher ratio while the GSF seems to have better max damage... Which one i should be using right now? And when i receive DW at lvl 13, how should i decide which weapon to keep on my primary slot.

Sorry i been reading a few of the damage calculation guides on the forums and wiki but i am confused.
Old 05-11-2019, 11:47 PM
Aviak

just leave the fang in main hand and attempt to upgrade as soon as you afford to do so.

Locate a level 12+ magician and ask them politely to summon you a magic snake fang or spear. The surprise alone will likely have them asking if you would like several stacks of free bandaids to go with it.

Take this to your local outdoor zone which spawns wisps at night: Qeynos Hills, WK, NK, EK, EC, WC, Erud crossing, GF etc kill wisps for a couple play sessions. Turn them in to either gypsies in NK or dark elves in S Ro (being a rogue with sneak it makes no difference). Collect 100-400 platinum based on your luck with lighstone drops and proceed to EC to purchaser your 10+ damage piercer.
Crystalline Spider Fang or Claw Dagger are 2 budget velious lore drops that people unload semi-often.

Depending on your level of self-respect you can also skip the above steps and head directly to EC where not too obnoxious auctioning for a starter weapon for a rogue will result in someone likely giving you a magic piercer for free or nearly so.
Old 05-12-2019, 12:19 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just leave the fang in main hand and attempt to upgrade as soon as you afford to do so.

Locate a level 12+ magician and ask them politely to summon you a magic snake fang or spear. The surprise alone will likely have them asking if you would like several stacks of free bandaids to go with it.

Take this to your local outdoor zone which spawns wisps at night: Qeynos Hills, WK, NK, EK, EC, WC, Erud crossing, GF etc kill wisps for a couple play sessions. Turn them in to either gypsies in NK or dark elves in S Ro (being a rogue with sneak it makes no difference). Collect 100-400 platinum based on your luck with lighstone drops and proceed to EC to purchaser your 10+ damage piercer.
Crystalline Spider Fang or Claw Dagger are 2 budget velious lore drops that people unload semi-often.

Depending on your level of self-respect you can also skip the above steps and head directly to EC where not too obnoxious auctioning for a starter weapon for a rogue will result in someone likely giving you a magic piercer for free or nearly so.
Thank you very much for the strat given above, i will def test it out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-12-2019, 07:42 AM
Sarnak

At level 9, I got myself a Jagged Chokidai Spine - https://wiki.project1999.com/Jagged_Chokidai_Spine - which I was still using (albeit in my offhand) for the next 37 levels (I should have upgraded earlier, but I was lazy) and sold it yesterday. You can pick one up in EC for 50pp or less, especially if you are a newbie. The same goes for the serrated bone dirk - https://wiki.project1999.com/Serrated_Bone_Dirk - which is a fairly typical off-hand weapon for a low-level rogue. Not as good as the spine and you really need to stop using it at level 27, but it is cheap and effective.

Just avoid my mistake; it is a great adventure, but a level-10 rogue probably should not wander into Chardok to get their own Jagged Chokidai Spine.
Old 05-12-2019, 08:02 AM
Banned

Typically, you want the weapon with the highest damage (Fang in your case) in your primary for Backstabs.

However, in your case, I would try backstabbing with both and see if there's any difference in damage. If not, then use the best ratio in main hand.
Closed Thread