Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Mechanics

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 04:27 AM
Sarnak

corner camping was the only way I knew how to get through SG solo on live, until well after velious
Old 05-22-2014, 06:01 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I never managed to sneak through the water tunnel without getting aggro on my rogue on EQMac. It wasn't a problem, since I'd make it out of the tunnel alive with the seahorsies beating on me, but I'm pretty sure I always got aggro when just sneaking.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Learn to run the gauntlet like real men do through sirens grotto.

H
Tried this run today (that i did on a regular basis with a <2k hp character on live) and got obliterated while fully raid buffed (5kish hp). Mobs were hitting me for 240~ almost every swing and they were on top of me the entire time even with max swimming and sow on. Didn't even make it half way.

Not a hugely important fix, but running thru sirens grotto just wasn't that hard on live if you knew the way. Not sure if its that the mobs are too hard, or the way they path here allows them to move directly to you, but its a very different experience.
Old 07-28-2014, 01:50 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tried this run today (that i did on a regular basis with a <2k hp character on live) and got obliterated while fully raid buffed (5kish hp). Mobs were hitting me for 240~ almost every swing and they were on top of me the entire time even with max swimming and sow on. Didn't even make it half way.

Not a hugely important fix, but running thru sirens grotto just wasn't that hard on live if you knew the way. Not sure if its that the mobs are too hard, or the way they path here allows them to move directly to you, but its a very different experience.
There is no pathing in Sirens on Beta. The path file has been created, but the server has not been patched. Please try again after the next update.
Old 07-28-2014, 01:56 AM
Planar Protector

Cool thanks Alunova.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

Also, the pre nerf (~1 month into Velious) Siren's Grotto is active on beta. Right now all the mobs there are way overtuned - no one used this version so they nerfed it (and changed Velketors from a 30s zone to a 50+ one in the same patch).

It's probably not even worth having the original versions of those two dungeons, given how long they were active in the timeline.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Closed Thread