Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Mechanics

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by koros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think it was supposed to be a hard 5% reduction. Probably just affected the skewness of the hit distribution.
Per google, it looks like at some point they their interval changed from 1-20 to .95-19. It's possible I'm confusing that, but I believe I quit before it came to be a hard reduction.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:37 PM
Banned

Anyone try just asking Hobart yet that has a good enough relationship with him? I understand he has a pretty strong record of bro'ing down with people.

The thing is, even with that formula we'd be doing the same thing we are now... tweaking ac/atk to make it match.

One thing is for sure though, it would probably fix the AC issues in PvP here if we did have it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 05-16-2014, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

I've posted about the 5% mitigation bonus before. It was in 2003 and was an additive bonus that coincided with bumping down defensive to a 45%. The net effect being a buff to non-discipline tanking while keeping discipline tanking the same.

If you're talking about skewing the distribution of DIs, you might be thinking about AAs here.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've posted about the 5% mitigation bonus before. It was in 2003 and was an additive bonus that coincided with bumping down defensive to a 45%. The net effect being a buff to non-discipline tanking while keeping discipline tanking the same.

If you're talking about skewing the distribution of DIs, you might be thinking about AAs here.
Know that patch notes that is from? I recall a much much earlier mention of a 5% war bonus from classic era, but I could be mistaken. The DI stuff I mentioned a few posts up was what I found when I googled a war mitigation bonus (which I didn't mix up with being classic)
Old 05-16-2014, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Heading into work in 10, I can dig it up tomorrow.

In the meantime, google variations of 5% mitigation bonus site:www.thesteelwarrior.org

All the talk should be 2003!
Old 05-17-2014, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

As promised:

Quote:
December 18, 2003

** Melee enhancements **

We have been building an enhancement to the melee system, and the first
part of it is now Live.

The yellow bar now represents endurance rather than stamina.

All Disciplines now require an expenditure of endurance to use. They
still have a re-use timer, and they can't be used more often than the
timer allows.

Disciplines have now been divided into a few different timers.

We have also added a few of the new melee skills to the game. These are
the skills that do not use the new "opening" system, but can be used
without an opening present. The "reactionary" skills and the opening
system will remain on Test for further tuning.

Warriors have been given a mitigation boost. This affects all warriors
at all levels.

Monks have been given the ability to dodge blows from attackers behind
them. This affects all monks with the Dodge ability.

All existing disciplines can be purchased as tomes in either East
Commons or the Plane of Knowledge. To learn a discipline, the Tome must
be turned into your guildmaster.

Several new disciplines have been added for warriors, monks and rogues
who are above level 60.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:44 PM
Aviak

I've done a few beta raids now. Vindicator, Ikatiar, Eashan, LTK, Velks, Klan and Zlan, ect

It seems like players are damaging these mobs way too quickly, and these mobs have very little in the way of regen. On live mid-early 2001, before more than 1-2 guilds had primals and full quest armor, these mobs were usually 10-15 minute fights, not the 3-5 min's we;re seeing here. we practically zerged Klandicar last night for 2 mins and somehow knocked off 1/4 of his HP? Seems way way too fast in comparison to live.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:55 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherfiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've done a few beta raids now. Vindicator, Ikatiar, Eashan, LTK, Velks, Klan and Zlan, ect

It seems like players are damaging these mobs way too quickly, and these mobs have very little in the way of regen. On live mid-early 2001, before more than 1-2 guilds had primals and full quest armor, these mobs were usually 10-15 minute fights, not the 3-5 min's we;re seeing here. we practically zerged Klandicar last night for 2 mins and somehow knocked off 1/4 of his HP? Seems way way too fast in comparison to live.
You were fighting Klandi for 3-4 minutes to get him to 65? percent. There were also 3 wipes and he never died, so it's hard to judge without more testing. The same goes for LTK, since she never died.

Keep in mind that during release you will have people lost/dead in Sirens, /afk after an hour of buffing with no GM mana/health, competition pushing you to attack before you are ready + 2 hour CR's from each of the 3 wipes.

As far as vindi/velk/Eashan/iky, these are minor Velious bosses. They are basically the easiest there is in Velious and people are having significant trouble with them on average.

Everyone remembers something different, including me, but I don't remember any bosses taking longer than 30 minutes except for Vyemm, Vulak and AoW. Definitely need more feedback once they are actually killed.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:31 PM
Fire Giant

You may need to look at NPC in combat regen again also.

Out of combat I think is correct at 1/20 (5% tic) and doesn't change for anything in Velious.

Regular in combat NPC regen should be 1/100 (1% tic)

In combat I am not sure about with the significant increase of Velious NPC total HP's.

If you apply this to something with 400k it would be 4k hp regen per tic which cannot be right. That would translate to the NPC regaining 40,000 hit points per minute.

Differing combat regen calcs would start for NPC's over 32k hp? 50k hp? or 100k hp?

The regen calc would either have to be 1/500 or 1/1000 I think.

400k hp NPC with 1/500 in combat regen would be 800 hp tic

400k hp NPC with 1/1000 in combat regen would be 400 hp tic
Old 07-18-2014, 09:40 PM
Sarnak

Some simple math on kill times with Doz for example suggests that 1/500 is probably too high.