Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Mechanics

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was a " Fuck Yeah "moment when I was able to get through sirens grotto alive on my own as a caster
One of the requirements in FOH for new apps was you had to get to TOV without any help. SG was much harder to get across back then with the warping and we didn't know about the camp bug at the time.

Many apps could not make it.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

I f'in hated that run through even though I think I only died a few times. It still gives me the heeby jeebys.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

def remember using the camping trick many times on live..
Old 05-20-2014, 12:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
def remember using the camping trick many times on live..

Guild Leader of <Asgard> The home of the gods!
Lightyear/Artah
Old 05-20-2014, 01:34 PM
Sarnak

The classic experience through SG was camping in the corner and popping up on the other side. Not being able to do this would definitely be a non-classic experience. And I am pretty sure this "bug" was left in game until PoP or later. Luckily I play a necromancer and have levant so it's a non-issue for me but not being able to do it detracts from one of those cool tricks from back in the day.

"Living my life 6 seconds at a time." - Unknown
Old 05-20-2014, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrubosaur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The classic experience through SG was camping in the corner and popping up on the other side. Not being able to do this would definitely be a non-classic experience. And I am pretty sure this "bug" was left in game until PoP or later. Luckily I play a necromancer and have levant so it's a non-issue for me but not being able to do it detracts from one of those cool tricks from back in the day.
Yea but what I think they're saying is: it might be the client they're using doesn't allow for this trick to work..
Old 05-21-2014, 03:28 AM
Kobold

I always thought the camp succor was a waste of time. The run is so easy. I've done it naked on a caster, with just a couple hundred hp. If you time the ticks you can sneak past the first two seahorses without agro, swim up, reinvis at the top and run to WW.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:57 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always thought the camp succor was a waste of time. The run is so easy. I've done it naked on a caster, with just a couple hundred hp. If you time the ticks you can sneak past the first two seahorses without agro, swim up, reinvis at the top and run to WW.
Well, it isn't so easy in SGs current state. Everything in there is a rapetrain. The seahorses are hitting for over 200, good luck making it to the WW zoneout!
Old 05-21-2014, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea most of the geometry bugs were patched out client side before emu came out
this bug exists on PEQ, THF, EZ, KPEMU, and the chinese everquest one dragonsoul or w/e its called
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoresby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everything in there is a rapetrain. good luck making it to the WW zoneout!
classic as fuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Closed Thread