Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 08-21-2010, 11:42 AM
Banned

Default The gorge -- a muddite elder

a muddite elder, should see invis in The Gorge. I couldn't find any anecdotal evidence about this, but I specifically recall them seeing through Camouflage on my many Qeynos to Freeport runs. They were always one of the cock blocks I had to deal with.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:33 AM
Sarnak

Again you are wrong. Mudites don't see thru invis.

You really need to check your facts
Old 08-23-2010, 09:33 AM
Banned

Default The Gorge faction issues

I just checked live, and they're definitely no longer see invis, didn't think they would be but I figured it was only $15 to check. I guess this is just one of those things that won't ever be settled for me. Like decaying skeletons not being KOS in any newbie zones, and the ones present in intermediary zones (common lands, for example) didn't see through invisible. Jumping on posts "You're wrong", "You're wrong again." is just going to scare people off without providing evidence. I stated here that I didn't have evidence, you could have at least provided evidence to the contrary. I wasn't wrong about Runnyeye greeny death pre-revamp (just goblins and eyes), and the first revamp (sporali). Anyway, onto more constructive things than bickering.
Last edited by Itchybottom; 08-23-2010 at 09:43 AM.. Reason: Removed revamp information, will post it later
Old 08-23-2010, 09:38 AM
Planar Protector

Wow the Stonehive Bixie faction hits still exist in this zone?
I mentioned that back in November:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ighlight=bixie

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1148
Old 08-23-2010, 09:46 AM
Banned

Yeah. I retracted my statement. Maybe I should have kept it there, I looked at archive.org and for 2000-2002, it was stonehive faction. I'll try to re-create the post:

Basically, on live I witnessed a chasm minotaur attacking a goblin sentry. Then I witnessed a gorge minotaur attacking a goblin lookout. It made me look at Allakhazam for factions, and sure enough they should be duking it out.

evil eyes
muddites
minotaurs

vs

goblins
Old 08-23-2010, 12:46 PM
Banned

Dunno about muddite elders but decaying skeletons in newbie zones are 100% supposed to be non-kos.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Fire Giant

Turns out you needed magical weapons to hit the muddites as well
The muddite elders did see invis, and so did the muddite minors
Decaying Skeletons were originally KOS (and still are in zones that haven't had the newbie spawngroups revamped)
Quote:
Name:
Skeleton, Decaying

Level:
1/1

Aggressive Tendencies:
Attack On Sight

For classic:
Everlore > Allakhazam
Last edited by mmiles8; 08-23-2010 at 05:04 PM..
Old 08-25-2010, 05:55 AM
Sarnak

If you read the whole thread of your link (mmiles8)
it doesn't provide any proof of who is right, just a random discussion.

Lets be civil .. its more than 10 years ago, so we may remember wrong sometimes, and even we are 99.9% certain of things we can't proof it just by saying this was how it was.

There seem to be about the same amount of people that states both things.

I am just saying, I spent a whole lot of time in both RE and Gorge on live, and what I "remember" from back then was that in Gorge I could run safe around while invis, standing right next to any Mino, goblin, Mudite without getting agro.
I could also stand right next to any Evil Eye while invis without getting agro.

But others say they got spotted right away. Hard to say who is right and who is wrong when we don't have any proof of how the npc's stats was configured on live in 1999.

I do remember the thing about Minos and Goblins fighting. The Goblins was on RE(BorX faction), and i think all the rest of gorge npc's was on XorB faction, hence the fights. I remember getting pretty high faction in RE while killing Evil Eyes and the wandering mudites and minos down at Altar, and it just took an evening of soloing in RE to kill the faction again.
And there were no "Green Death" for me at that time, witch I think was pre RE rewamp. My guess is there is a difference if mobs are just barely green, or if you were lvl 50 and way out of their lvl. Only thing I know of that was full Green Death was "most" undead in classic era.

And yes, like others posted - a lot of it got changed during the years, so it can be hard not to remember wrong.

I apologize any bluntness in my previous posts
Old 08-25-2010, 02:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmiles8 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Decaying Skeletons were originally KOS (and still are in zones that haven't had the newbie spawngroups revamped)

For classic:
Everlore > Allakhazam
Probably confused since if you were attacking a decaying skeleton, others would assist and aggro you, making them appear to be kos.