Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 09-14-2010, 09:58 PM
Sarnak

Default Bard Mana (new)

The changes made to remove mana regenerating effects from bards was great.

There is one aspect that was omitted, which I experienced first hand tonight, bards are supposed to also be immune to mana drain type effects, and I sure was not tonight in hate!

please look into this, thanks
Last edited by astuce999; 09-14-2010 at 10:33 PM..
Old 09-14-2010, 10:06 PM
Kobold

Last part of 2nd paragraph needs re-wording.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:21 AM
Developer

Anything to back up bards needing to be immune to mana drains?

Haynar
Old 09-15-2010, 05:47 AM
Fire Giant

/sigh I've been searching for about 30 minutes now to no avail. I doubt it helps any, but a common tactic for my guild on Tallon Zek was to have necromancers cast mind wrack on a bard because it would return mana because the bard would have mana to tap, but wouldn't drain the bards mana, and could be done over and over without the need for mobs with full mana pools.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:33 AM
Sarnak

I tried to think of the earliest mob I had ever fought that had a mana drain which I was immune to, and I came up with Quag Maelstrom, which is a named seafury used for bard epic (I know it's kunark).

this is from:

http://web.archive.org/web/200107232....shtml?id=5270

What to expect. By: Anonymous
Posted @ Mon, Dec 18th 4:17 PM 2000 Score: Default[2.00]
I recently went to get the horn from him for the bard epic quest. He's generally on the Seafury Cyclops island around -6000, 1000. He conned red to me at 42 and he casts drain mana a lot, (which curiously did not appear to lower my bardic mana bar at all). I was able to land a lot of Chants of Flame and Curtailing Chants so his fire/magic resistances may not be that high. He didn't hit me all that much, but if memory serves he was hitting me for around 100 or 120 per shot.

He's generally seen wielding this odd weapon which looks like a thin tree trunk skewering the alluring horn he carries, which tends to make him stand out from the others. There are a good number of cyclopses on the small island, so pulling Quag alone isn't easy. But sometimes he stomps over to the shore by himself (to look in the water I guess). I don't know if he spawns all the time, or if you have to trigger his spawn by talking to the disgruntled elf at the BB docks. I went to talk to the elf first just in case, and by the time I got to the island Quag was there, and didn't despawn over the several hours I took to gauge the island and set up my offensive.

I hope this helps; it was always a balance issue, bards don't have effects helping them gain mana, but they don't have effects reducing their mana either.