Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 10:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All you need is 1. minimal science background 2.not be a moron. There are these magical things called "studies" which you can read if you can handle those pre-reqs.
studies say the money will be reduced on appeal, but not the mad
Old 05-14-2019, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
studies say the money will be reduced on appeal, but not the mad
It's all fun and games until the day you have to go to court for something and you have a jury full of moutbreathers who couldn't pass a grade school reading/science/math test.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Good thing juries arent scientists or we would be totally screwed. That fact that a jury of randos got to make the decision and not a scientific review board is just sad though
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That fact that a jury of randos got to make the decision and not a scientific review board is just sad though
This I agree with in a sense, regardless of where either of us fall on the political spectrum.

The jury of peers is an incredible system in America, but I'm not sure if a jury of even average to above average intelligence people are equipped to - again - even have an opinion on this subject, let alone make a decision.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This I agree with in a sense, regardless of where either of us fall on the political spectrum.

The jury of peers is an incredible system in America, but I'm not sure if a jury of even average to above average intelligence people are equipped to - again - even have an opinion on this subject, let alone make a decision.
i just cant believe a jury found causation beyond a reasonable doubt
Old 05-14-2019, 12:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i just cant believe a jury found causation beyond a reasonable doubt
a jury recently found an innocent man guilty because he was a Trump supporter
Old 05-14-2019, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Constitution makes no distinction for who composes a jury other than they be peers.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:47 PM
Planar Protector

You don't need to present facts to a jury. You just need to be more convincing than the other guy.

Facts, or no facts, the corporate attorneys were less convincing. /shrug
Old 05-14-2019, 11:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't need to present facts to a jury. You just need to be more convincing than the other guy.

Facts, or no facts, the corporate attorneys were less convincing. /shrug
No, you just need to find the right pack of morons. The legal system should not be a fucking lottery. justice is supposed to be blind not random.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, you just need to find the right pack of morons. The legal system should not be a fucking lottery. justice is supposed to be blind not random.
how much is monsanto paying u to be mad
Closed Thread