Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2019, 01:18 AM
Aviak

Will Discord PvP server still happen?
Old 09-22-2019, 08:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will Discord PvP server still happen?
It's not looking good for this year. Next year doesn't look good, either...
Old 09-22-2019, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

Frankly we have no idea what rogean and team have in store pvp wise. They hinted that something is in the works. I hope it is something classic like discord or rallos zek server.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-23-2019, 09:34 AM
Planar Protector

Everquest PvP is like this idealized dream, where people imagine all this fun they would have doing it. I played my entire career on Tallon Zek, and EQ PvP winds up being one of two things: You're either getting ganked at the zone line or you're camping a spawn and then you're stunned and blasted to smithereens. And now your corpse is getting camped too. Now, I love that shit but the vast vast majority of people do not. They think they do but after getting rolled a couple of times they realize what's up. The Zek servers populations were consistently the lowest, and that's because if you weren't hardcore and if you didn't have infinite patience and time you would be driven off the server. This is why P99 red will never succeed. There's just never going to be like 500 people consistently into it, and you're not going to have a viable server with less.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

Thats part of why I think discord is the best option.

Regular resets with actual winners and then another batch of weirdos get a shot.

Classic era only so population won't be an issue.

Gotta fix track though for hunting down those fools.

For me the idealized version of PVP has nothing to do with level 60. Level 60 game not really something I enjoy a whole lot. I like the journey and I like battling on that journey or setting up to battle at a specific part of that journey.

When you get to 60 and you're all dragon looted out the whole dynamic is a lot different.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-23-2019, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gotta fix track though for hunting down those fools.
I believe player tracking has on Blue at least been working for a little while now (I want to say since 2-3 patches ago?) But maybe there's some code to prevent it still on Red?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-23-2019, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everquest PvP is like this idealized dream, where people imagine all this fun they would have doing it. I played my entire career on Tallon Zek, and EQ PvP winds up being one of two things: You're either getting ganked at the zone line or you're camping a spawn and then you're stunned and blasted to smithereens. And now your corpse is getting camped too. Now, I love that shit but the vast vast majority of people do not. They think they do but after getting rolled a couple of times they realize what's up. The Zek servers populations were consistently the lowest, and that's because if you weren't hardcore and if you didn't have infinite patience and time you would be driven off the server. This is why P99 red will never succeed. There's just never going to be like 500 people consistently into it, and you're not going to have a viable server with less.
Me and my pals were RPimg highway men in LFay. We'd demand their money and their camp or we'd take it by force. Of course pretty much everyone refused, but those who didn't were allowed to leave with their life (but empty pockets).

One guy we killed and (looted his money) was so mad he rolled a lvl 1 high elf wizard and trained the dark elf camp on us. Either he rage quit or a CSR had been watching our antics because we never saw him log on again (in this iteration of red training was a no-no).
Last edited by Jimjam; 09-23-2019 at 11:51 AM..
Old 09-23-2019, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Glorious times.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:53 PM
Fire Giant

EQ PvP in a nutshell: people having fun at the expense of someone else's fun and calling it fun for everyone cause that's how you remember it.

Can't make this shit up ^^
Thanks for reminding us why EQ PvP will never really be a good thing, unfortunately.

(PS: I'm 100% for having a new pvp server for you guys to have an illusion of fun (and/or real fun whatever) none-the-less, sounds good in my book go for it ^3^)
Old 09-23-2019, 06:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everquest PvP is good at level 50+, in raid zones, when guilds/groups are going at it over high end mobs. Deleveled twinks ganking true noobs in low level zones is just pathetic
Closed Thread