Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 09-30-2010, 04:39 AM
Sarnak

Lazor- you pose a good question and I am assuming you have already watched the video. I have yet to try charming and have a real person try to peel the aggro from me. It's a great idea, ill see if I can get one of my tank friends to help me out!

And thx for the WB Deric! You know I missed you!
Old 09-30-2010, 07:48 AM
Kobold

You're the man, Jete!
65 Ogre Shaman
70 Erudite Paladin
85 Wood Elf Bard/Dark Elf Enchanter
Old 09-30-2010, 08:25 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jete [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey Astuce, is that push component classic? I'll do the research tonight (if you guys haven't done it) when I come home. If someone wants though they can write up a bug report on it with *facts* on it. I've tried writing bug reports based on player experience and they don't give a hoot.

But I'll look into it A.S.A.P.
Earliest thing I could find is from the first archived instance of eqdiva.com on

http://web.archive.org/web/200103031....com/songs.asp

28 Crisson's Pixie Strike Mesmerize (up to 15 seconds), lower magic resistance (up to 20 points), knock-back effect to target T W

So it's from March 8th, 2001. The song was never changed, all our early single target mez songs had a knock back or knock forward effect, if you look at:

53 Song of Twilight Target: Mesmerize up to 15 seconds, Decrease MR (15), Knock-forward Effect; Upgrade to Crission's Pixie Strike, and less resisted than its predecessor. Caution: Will override Enchanter's mesmerize spells.

Hopefully that's enough evidence!

cheers
Old 09-30-2010, 10:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeroyoyort [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In classic, there was no bard song window. All our buffs went into the main slot of buffs. It allowed for players fighting dispell mobs to regain buffs fast. Similar to insta clickies. I kinda like the song buff window ::shrug:: but insta buffs are nice too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jete [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't skip this post either. Just as a heads up this could be a huge buff for raid bards.
This would actually be very bad for bards since there is a 15 buff limit and debuffs already overwrite buffs. I'm just saying.
The most important buffs you don't want to get dispelled on a raid are HP buffs and that's most important on the tank. Bards don't have HP buff songs.
Second most important are the resists but bard resist songs are way more beneficial then resist spells.
I only see negatives for including songs in the 15 buff slot as opposed to keeping it in a separate window.

Being able to have 15+4 buffs (5 if you can twist real good) is better then being stuck with 15.
Dispells are not that frequent that it would be worth loosing the song window for.
Last edited by guineapig; 09-30-2010 at 10:08 AM..