Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2021, 02:48 AM
Kobold

Default Ranger solo gameplay style

Hi, I am looking to figure out how rangers play in a solo situation, as I've finally narrowed down my favorite kind of classes to the hybrids. I play casually for the most part and grouping has never interested me much in this game (not fun for me when you and 5 others just grind through a chain of mobs with hardly any thought or resourcefulness required).

I like hybrids because I think they require the most resourceful and thoughtful approach to gaining xp since soloing does not come so easy for them, and I prefer challenges and using all my abilities to their limits. My question is, how do rangers solo for the most part? Can they face tank as they solo? I don't like the idea of rooting a mob and then just shooting endless arrows at them that barely do any damage, so if that's the route then I probably won't go for it.

Also, how do they solo at the high end/end game? Can they take down nameds in dungeons? Can they dungeon crawl? Thanks!