Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2021, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boptop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's neat, I didn't know it. Do you know what year they changed over and potential reasons why?
Partisanship preceding slavery and following Reconstruction. I’d have to google the year, it was early 20th century I believe
Old 01-25-2021, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

I favor election by lot, mainly because no one ever intended our entire government to be composed of lawyers
Old 01-25-2021, 05:38 PM
Fire Giant

I still haven't gotten a clear answer if republic means people elect people to run the country because pure democracy can't work. The definition online seems so.

My hypocritical spider senses think that the president should be a military leader and had served in the military.

But then someone cool like willie nelson couldn't be president. But maybe we could bring presidents back to not doing anything unless there is war or he thinks something is really bad that it needs a veto. Not sure if it was ever actually that way. But if the "senate"/ congress really just runs thing, it may turn back into rome where senators stab each other and then there is a tribunal because congress is just super high school.
Old 01-25-2021, 05:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I favor election by lot, mainly because no one ever intended our entire government to be composed of lawyers
(((Lawyers)))

See Saducees
Old 01-25-2021, 06:01 PM
Sarnak

crypto fascism ^
Old 01-25-2021, 06:27 PM
Fire Giant

Not tribunal. Whats the Tri-thing from rome called? Once rome was like, "Ehhh... this democracy thing was cool." and after was like, "but how bought we split rule?"

What if there was 3 presidents? You think things would be nuts?
Old 01-25-2021, 07:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(((Lawyers)))

See Saducees
The Sadducees refused to go beyond the written Torah (first five books of the Bible) and thus, unlike the Pharisees, denied the immortality of the soul, bodily resurrection after death, and the existence of angelic spirits. (Source: https://www.britannica.com/topic/Sadducee)

The Saducees were the "interpreters" of the "Law" who essentially denied all of the supernatural implications of the Jewish mythos and instead devoted 100% of their efforts into interpretting the "Law" only.

They were haggling litigious connivers.

as a note aside, you ever notice how our resident lefties (The Smart Ones) can never approach anything from an honest position of scholarly diligence? Their response is simply "Nah-uh" with nothing scholarly, whatsoever, to justify their rebuttal.

"The Smart Ones" Scientismists
Last edited by Gwaihir; 01-25-2021 at 07:22 PM..
Old 01-25-2021, 07:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not tribunal. Whats the Tri-thing from rome called? Once rome was like, "Ehhh... this democracy thing was cool." and after was like, "but how bought we split rule?"

What if there was 3 presidents? You think things would be nuts?
You're thinking of the "Triumvirate" between Crassus, Pompey, and Julius Caesar
Old 01-25-2021, 08:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're thinking of the "Triumvirate" between Crassus, Pompey, and Julius Caesar
Who knows what could happen in the future. I know greeks say they started democracy. And Britain always likes to add, "The foundation of American government started in the UK. You all just are holding a grudge." But I think there is some truth that America took rome and said, "Why not try rome 2.0?" If no one has ever tried 3 presidents /shrugs.

Maybe we could take the hippy route where they say communism could work on a small island. Get a small island and try 3 presidents. Hehe just messing around.
Old 01-25-2021, 08:48 PM
Banned

The Triumvirate didn't really work though, it just simplified the path of consolidation toward absolute monarchy.

Pompey was disingenuously encouraged to continue warmongering, which lead to his eventual and inevitable defeat and death, then it was just a duopoly which quickly crumbled when Caesar returned victorious from Gaul and crossed the Rubicon to wrest the pseudo-control Crassus thought he had consolidated.
Last edited by Gwaihir; 01-25-2021 at 08:51 PM..
Closed Thread