Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 04:42 PM
Fire Giant

The simplest answer is that no one would bother to play a Druid or Wizard seriously, as even casual guilds would PL what they needed and store them for utility reasons.
Old 08-28-2015, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

Double post
Last edited by maskedmelon; 08-28-2015 at 04:46 PM.. Reason: Edit button duped my post! D:
Old 08-28-2015, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

I've boxed in the past and run into peeps who thought me the devil for it too. Never really understood that. That said, I fully understand the rule as implemented here and it doesn't bother me. If I want to box I'll just make my own server ^^ or play on another one. I like peeps though ^^
Old 08-28-2015, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

If you Want to Box go someplace else. They will smack your Pee Pee on here and I will help them do it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It would ruin this server just like the shithole live is, and the stupid progression server Ragefire is.

If you have to ask you lost my respect already. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-28-2015, 05:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the stupid progression server Ragefire is.
:
I can't believe I was excited to pay 14.99 a month for this shit :/
Old 08-28-2015, 05:24 PM
Sarnak

I paid $14.99/mo for almost 7 years. I quit playing when Live went F2P cuz I knew the riff raff would soon take over the game.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:17 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you Want to Box go someplace else. They will smack your Pee Pee on here and I will help them do it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It would ruin this server just like the shithole live is, and the stupid progression server Ragefire is.

If you have to ask you lost my respect already. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Like I said at the start. I am new to the server and its culture.

Individual players can still be a-holes. Boxing does not make you inherently evil.

I have always dropped whoever I've needed to to make room for players even on live. It's much more pleasurable to group with real people. I also understand that lots have abused it and there is obviously a negative attitude about it.

Most people who see me on live look on in amazement and are sincerely curious.

As it stands I am having a lot of fun here. I would like to see some more low level players willing to group vs buffed by a high level running around killing everything.

I have met some really nice players and some not so nice. Very nostalgic of eq back in the day. I am almost surprised how similar it is.

Thanks for the responses

Qenni
Guildmaster Fires of Heaven

Ps. Any old foh players from veeshan please look me up.
Old 08-28-2015, 08:27 PM
Sarnak

Part of the reason to play the game for me is interacting with like-minded players. I feel boxing can further remove players from the general population. I want to play with someone and enjoy their company. In my experience, if I am playing with someone who is boxing, a lot of times they are busy switching between monitors and doing a bunch of things at one time it doesn't leave a lot of time to "hang out" so to speak.

Also, I think boxing would take away some of the things that make EverQuest fun, to me. I mean here things like maybe you would box to buff and PL yourself, box to port yourself, and box to transfer gear/plat. I am not really pro PL, but I enjoy leveling a character on my own or with a group of players. Though travel can take a long ass time if you don't have somebody around who can port you, I think the wait of needing to spend so long traveling is rewarding in a way.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:16 AM
Kobold

Like sunshine else already said, if you want boxing Try project 2002 and see what you think about it and that community.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by paroxysmal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok, so I am new here so please be gentle!

Why is there such a harsh anti-boxing ideology?

I have played normally and I have boxed over the years. I can do either, but boxing tends to add fun to the games that I get bored with...

I am not an obnoxious boxer, I drop my toons if theres someone wanting in the group, I buff people and am generally a helpful person.

I was a bit taken back when I came here to find out why I was restricted to one IP to find such a harsh anti-boxing stance.

Thanks for any feedback, it is appreciated [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Qenni
lvl 3 Bard (just started last night! and am loving it)
For the record, I agree with you Qenni. I don't think boxing is the 'end all' of EQ. Like you said, most folks would probably use it for a port or a corpse summon or a rez, or buffs. Which I would be fine with.

I think the reason it has no place on Project1999, is because the server is already congested as it is. If this were a low-pop server, (which one day, who knows? It may very well be) then boxing would be allowed. That is one thing that PEQ is doing right -- there's too much content and not enough players, and they allow boxing. Seems like a pretty positive environment on that server.
Closed Thread