Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 04-19-2022, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Janny law =! player culture
Old 04-19-2022, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait wait, running around East Commonlands cannot be compared to waking the Sleeper. East Commonlands has nothing of import. Even if you hacked and killed every single NPC in the zone with a single key press it wouldn't affect anything in the game. Or as a more feasible example, a bard kiting every single mob in the zone wouldn't affect anything except a few low levels that might need to move a zone over because that damned bard is hogging all the mobs.

Waking the Sleeper irreversibly alters the game and forever locks out some content.

You cannot compare them.

Again, the rules have nothing to do with intent.

You know, for a while on Rallos Zek the Drowned Citizens would not aggro the guards. The guards happily ignored them. I used to use my bard to pull them into the newbie area and let them go by zoning. Those drowned citizens would wind up running around killing all the newbies that were there passing time because their main server was down (Rallos Zek newbie zones were very populated when another server was down). I wasn't training anyone, just bringing the drowned citizens to the surface and zoning, and when they walked back along the wall to their spawn hopefully they would aggro a newbie running around. If they didn't I'd go back and try again.

It was (to me) hilarious to zone back in and watch as they ran amok killing newbies indiscriminately, and watch as some would run to the guards for protection but the citizens would run right past them through the gates. Sometimes they'd be all over the place in WFP lol. You'd like run to the caster trainers and a drowned citizen was there in the street.

It was considered within the rules. I was petitioned for it, I know. No consequences other than a name change because I didn't actually train anyone but my name was a popular singer. You know because from my point of view I aggroed too many citizens and had to zone to save my life, is it my fault the guards don't kill them? Oops. Sorry bout the name thing though lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

They wound up patching the drowned citizens so the guards. It was no longer fun to bring them out into the yard and the city in general.

So it was malicious intent on my end but totally within the rules. And I wanted to share the story of how I got the drowned citizens patched to be killed by the guards lol.
Importance of content is irrelevant. Nobody is forcing you to get Warder loot, and plenty of players are happy without it. You are falsely assuming that importance of content matters.

Hacking the game is a problem, as it goes against the rules, and you will be punished for it. It's not the same thing as killing the Sleeper, which you can do without hacking the game or breaking the rules.

The game mechanics and server rules allow you to wake the Sleeper whenever you want. If you disagree with that, ask the P99 devs to change it or opt out of playing the game nobody is forcing you to play. People have been asking Warders to stay up for years, so I wouldn't hold my breath that the P99 devs want to change it.
Old 04-19-2022, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The game mechanics and server rules allow you to wake the Sleeper whenever you want.
Don't be obtuse... no one is saying that waking the Sleeper is illegal or not meant to happen. There's plenty of shit that both the game mechanics and the server rules allow that are still considered by most to be a dick move if you actually do. It's all a matter of opinion and what side of the situation you're on, right?

You're literally sitting here trying to tell people their opinion that it was a dick move is wrong? Let me know how that goes.

For its time, after the lasting effects on the server were discovered, waking the Sleeper was known as one of the biggest dick moves a group of people can do in gaming history. Don't think that ST wasn't aware what the fallout would be when they decided to do it.

They just didn't care.

Our community response now determines how much the next guild thinking about doing it on the next incarnation of P99 cares. Stop trying to minimize our response.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 04-19-2022, 02:24 PM
Sarnak

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blah Blah Blah....
I have ass burgers, Im fat w very bad social skills and/or personality IRL and obviously few to no close friends IRL.

Im here to cheer-lead for guilds like Seal Team & Rampage even though 99% of their players could give a fuck less or even know me.
Finally an honest post, bud ty. And please stfu, nobody in their right mind is going to read any more of your terribly tedious and long-winded essays on this subject....lol!
Old 04-19-2022, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't be obtuse... no one is saying that waking the Sleeper is illegal or not meant to happen. There's plenty of shit that both the game mechanics and the server rules allow that are still considered by most to be a dick move if you actually do. It's all a matter of opinion and what side of the situation you're on, right?

You're literally sitting here trying to tell people their opinion that it was a dick move is wrong? Let me know how that goes.

For its time, after the lasting effects on the server were discovered, waking the Sleeper was known as one of the biggest dick moves a group of people can do in gaming history. Don't think that ST wasn't aware what the fallout would be when they decided to do it.

They just didn't care.

Our community response now determines how much the next guild thinking about doing it on the next incarnation of P99 cares. Stop trying to minimize our response.
I am not being obtuse. Anything that the community and developers have agreed upon to be a "dick move" has already been added to the PnP, or programmatically done to prevent you from doing it. That is why training is listed in the PnP, for example. Last time I checked, Sleeper wasn't included in the PnP.

You can be mad that Sleeper was awoken. I am not stopping anyone from doing that. I am not saying that I am not sympathetic you didn't get the loot you wanted either.

The only problem I have is people are using faulty logic to try and mask their distain for Seal Team. Just say "I don't like Seal Team, and I am mad that they woke the Sleeper!". You can do that all you want, I don't care. Just don't pretend your distain for Seal Team is actually a coherent argument as to why Sleeper shouldn't be awoken. It isn't. Any guild in P99 can wake Sleeper whenever they want, and for whatever reason. Until the P99 developers change that, you must live with it while playing on P99. You have literally agreed to it by opting in to playing the game.
Old 04-19-2022, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

you guys are still bitching about this?

the Kerafyrn Derangement Syndrome is real in this thread
Old 04-19-2022, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I am not being obtuse. Anything that the community and developers have agreed upon to be a "dick move" has already been added to the PnP, or programmatically done to prevent you from doing it. That is why training is listed in the PnP, for example.
Just because I can take my group and rules-lawyer a group camping Crypt into giving up a room or two doesn't mean it's not a dick move to them if we do it.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 04-19-2022, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just because I can take my group and rules-lawyer a group camping Crypt into giving up a room or two doesn't mean it's not a dick move to them if we do it.
If you are playing by the rules, it isn't a dick move. You agreed to play a game where other players can do this. If you don't like it, ask for a rules change or opt out.
Old 04-19-2022, 02:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
If you are playing by the rules, it isn't a dick move. You agreed to play a game where other players can do this. If you don't like it, ask for a rules change or opt out.
Lulwut? You can absolutely be playing by the rules and it be a dick move. If you're camping a spawn and you go take a shit and the mob is up for 30 seconds while you're afk and someone comes in and snipes it because you're afk for 30 seconds. That's within the rules and is a dick move.

I mean I can go into a church and yell "Fuck Jesus" and then walk out. It's not illegal, but it's a dick move.
Old 04-19-2022, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lulwut? You can absolutely be playing by the rules and it be a dick move. If you're camping a spawn and you go take a shit and the mob is up for 30 seconds while you're afk and someone comes in and snipes it because you're afk for 30 seconds. That's within the rules and is a dick move.

I mean I can go into a church and yell "Fuck Jesus" and then walk out. It's not illegal, but it's a dick move.
Yelling "Fuck Jesus" is generally against the rules in a Church lol. I am not sure why people think video game rules are comparable to real life law. They aren't. Video games have rules, they aren't bound by the law lol. You either agree to play by the rules, or you leave. It's really that simple.