Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 04-19-2022, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you guys are still bitching about this?

the Kerafyrn Derangement Syndrome is real in this thread
Some of us are just having a slow day at the office lol.
Old 04-19-2022, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are playing by the rules, it isn't a dick move.
That is an opinion and not a fact, lol.

Just because I can roll on and win two tunics in a row in a spore king group doesn't mean I should. It's why some people who actually care about not being dicks to other people would say "Pass... I just won a tunic." And other people might say "Well, your loot rules said full greed, so I'm rolling on this one too."

Guess which one the rest of the people in that group respect more.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 04-19-2022, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not sure why people think video game rules are comparable to real life law.
no comment necessary
Old 04-19-2022, 02:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Yelling "Fuck Jesus" is generally against the rules in a Church lol. I am not sure why people think video game rules are comparable to real life law. They aren't. Video games have rules, they aren't bound by the law lol. You either agree to play by the rules, or you leave. It's really that simple.
So if someone is sitting at a spawn. Buffing up for the kill. And you snake their mob that's not a dick move because FTE is a thing? C'mon bro, don't be a dense fuck or people will think you look like your avatar in real life.
Old 04-19-2022, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is an opinion and not a fact, lol.

Just because I can roll on and win two tunics in a row in a spore king group doesn't mean I should. It's why some people who actually care about not being dicks to other people would say "Pass... I just won a tunic." And other people might say "Well, your loot rules said full greed, so I'm rolling on this one too."

Guess which one the rest of the people in that group respect more.
No, it is a fact, and an easily provable one[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Playing video games is an opt in experience. By opting in, you agree to the rules of the game. As long as people are playing the game, it isn't a dick move. Why? Because you have agreed that the rules are fair by opting in.

If you think killing people in a video game is a dick move, don't play shooting games. Just because you kill another player in Call of Duty, that doesn't make it a dick move. Both players have agreed to the rules that you can kill each other in Call of Duty. It isn't like killing someone in real life.
Old 04-19-2022, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So if someone is sitting at a spawn. Buffing up for the kill. And you snake their mob that's not a dick move because FTE is a thing? C'mon bro, don't be a dense fuck or people will think you look like your avatar in real life.
That is against the PnP camping rules, so yes it is a dick move. Please stop citing violations of the PnP rules lol, didn't I just say "playing by the rules" in the last few comments I made?
Old 04-19-2022, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
No, it is a fact, and an easily provable one[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Playing video games is an opt in experience. By opting in, you agree to the rules of the game. As long as people are playing the game, it isn't a dick move. Why? Because you have agreed that the rules are fair by opting in.

If you think killing people in a video game is a dick move, don't play shooting games. Just because you kill another player in Call of Duty, that doesn't make it a dick move. Both players have agreed to the rules that you can kill each other in Call of Duty. It isn't like killing someone in real life.
Server reputation is only earned by playing strictly by the rules and not their behavior?
Old 04-19-2022, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Server reputation is only earned by playing strictly by the rules and not their behavior?
Your OPINION on other players does not factually make them a dick. Just because you think someone is a dick, doesn't make it true.
Old 04-19-2022, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

The problem here is there is a subset of people who are like "this is all just pixels in a video game, man" and another subset of people who are like "those are real human beings on the other end of that toon, and when P99 is over with, no one will remember what pixels I had... but they will remember the way I made them feel."

Which type of people would you prefer to spend your time with in this community?

Would you teach your children to treat others the same way?

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 04-19-2022, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem here is there is a subset of people who are like "this is all just pixels in a video game, man" and another subset of people who are like "those are real human beings on the other end of that toon, and when P99 is over with, no one will remember what pixels I had... but they will remember the way I made them feel."

Which type of people would you prefer to spend your time with in this community?

Would you teach your children to treat others the same way?
I prefer to spend time with people who enjoy the game and don't complain when other people are playing the game as intended, by the rules. If you don't think the game is good because some loot is limited time, opt out.