Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 07-22-2023, 11:05 PM
Planar Protector

I didnt read the first few pages but mages can buy MQ's for the cloak, or bribe a farmer.

If you have an earth staff it's not a problem. It's barely a weekend setback.
Old 07-22-2023, 11:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlays [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m guessing some guild was just hogging the spawn and someone got mad and demanded the change
yep, that's what happened. of course the devs/mods (who play in that guild) waited until they had farmed like 200
Old 07-23-2023, 08:34 AM
Fire Giant

All you losers didn’t just /tar # for dozens of cloaks on every tunnel mule and reserved name alt in the early days of p99?
Old 07-23-2023, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlays [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m guessing some guild was just hogging the spawn and someone got mad and demanded the change
WTF is wrong with brainsy here? 24 hours a day??

Where did you learn your craft?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-23-2023, 01:32 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WTF is wrong with brainsy here? 24 hours a day??

Where did you learn your craft?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And the same dudes are still farming it or another guild in another timezone
Old 07-23-2023, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

Find out the religion of your opponent. Find out their most holy and sacred day. Log in then.

Infiltrate guild, find out when players take vacations. Log in then.

Raid guilds raid. Log in after a quake.

All I'm seeing here is a bunch of complaints, and not one single useable stick of goddam MOTO.
Old 07-23-2023, 11:35 PM
Sarnak

New method is actually not that hard once you isolate QM's placeholder. That's the hard part that involves gathering a train and killing it as fast as possible and watching track 78 seconds later. But once you identify the mob that pops a new PH every 78 seconds you can churn through Quillmanes pretty quick till you get a cloak.

And I hear they even upped the % for the cloak not too long ago, too.

I wasn't a fan of them changing the method vs. the old one, for practicality's sake, but I saw the dev interview and it DOES seem like the new method is more classic.

Honestly, having a 39+ ranger is pretty fun, and becomes lucrative if you choose to go that route. Peggy cloaks, Jboots, heck I even made a quick 1k farming two copies of Visions of Sebilite recently. Plus if you slap an Ikky BP or Fungi and a woodsman's staff one one, you level to that range pretty damn easily.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 07-24-2023, 08:26 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
New method is actually not that hard once you isolate QM's placeholder. That's the hard part that involves gathering a train and killing it as fast as possible and watching track 78 seconds later. But once you identify the mob that pops a new PH every 78 seconds you can churn through Quillmanes pretty quick till you get a cloak.

And I hear they even upped the % for the cloak not too long ago, too.

I wasn't a fan of them changing the method vs. the old one, for practicality's sake, but I saw the dev interview and it DOES seem like the new method is more classic.

Honestly, having a 39+ ranger is pretty fun, and becomes lucrative if you choose to go that route. Peggy cloaks, Jboots, heck I even made a quick 1k farming two copies of Visions of Sebilite recently. Plus if you slap an Ikky BP or Fungi and a woodsman's staff one one, you level to that range pretty damn easily.
My point with QM is that it should have been changed during the next reset, not smack in the middle of the server life cycle. Again it seems to me this entire scenario came from someone who was trying to get a cloak but couldn’t because a guild or group were holding that camp. There was someone taking orders for cloaks and charging like 4k pp. so it was impossible to get a cloak since it was pretty much perma camped. So they bitched to the devs about how the current system was not classic and dug up some posts and videos on how they thought it should spawn.

Even the dev who came up with the spawn was not 100% on how it was spawned. He just stayed it was thrown into the spawn cycle of a bunch of low level mobs and spawned off a percentage of that group. No mention on spawn timers etc.
Old 07-24-2023, 08:38 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Its still not instant, so who cares about the spawn. The whole item is still broken from its original 1999 form.

Yes, I had one then.
Old 07-24-2023, 09:01 AM
Planar Protector

You shouldn't have to do a clear to time the spawn. That means, that zone is useless now for normal players. The old system was minimally disruptive to the zone. And, as I said, if a server's guilds can't lay down some ground rules on QM behavior, then the problem is not the spawn.