Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 10-28-2023, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skulldudes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i prefer dumb names honestly over some wood elf named unaeleaeliellian

i'm not typing that shit out
I second that
Old 10-28-2023, 09:01 PM
Planar Protector

Ranger Tiesya Layses
Old 10-28-2023, 11:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine a Govt made up of three co-equal branches. Executive, Legislative, and Judicial.

Imagine the Executive was made up of two Presidents. Only one still shows up for work every day. The other phones it in because of time constraints and burnout.

Imagine the Legislative was made up of those two Presidents plus one or two others let's call them Vice Presidents. The VPs also don't come in much anymore either because their boss doesn't come in.

Then imagine the Judicial made up of those same Presidents and VPs as the Supreme Court. They rarely take cases anymore though. Instead the Supreme Court rely on lower court rulings and therefore there is a gap betweenn the rules as written by the Legislature, what is enforced by the Executive exceedingly rarely, and what rulings are actually divvied out via lower court Judicial decisions that aren't made that the highest body of the Judiciary.

A Byzantine Govt structure designed for the devs to not have to deal with the complaints of the players unless something major happens.
Them gummies loud
Old 10-29-2023, 12:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Them gummies loud
Byzantium lasted 1000 years after the fall of Rome.
Old 10-29-2023, 05:00 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And knuckleheads manage to snatch an absolute defeat from the jaws of certain victory.

What is this magic win to loss you ask? Naming your character in Everquest. It's actually so easy, supposedly intelligent people can't fathom it.

The game even gives you a genre appropriate name generator free of charge. You can use it with ease. But nay! "I am teh uhmazen name weezard! Iwearskidmarkunderpants Tothestore is my chosen name! I shall defeat the the name generator in splendidly stupid fashion and dominate the very top of the loser category!"

Not only is there a name generator, at which it is impossible to fail, there are also easy to read, easy to understand and very specific naming instructions for P1999. https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=17488

Idiotic names like, "Puddintater" and "Iwearshowercaps" or "Stinkyfiss Inyobutt" are the enlightened choices you make. There shall be no hint of RPG immersion for you or those around you! Not on your watch!

Yes dumb ladies and stupid gentlemen, it's honestly that easy. Somehow you have managed to fail at the only guaranteed no-fail aspect of Everquest. You are a living legend among complete failures. You are head and shoulders below the rest.
Well obviously you aren't a Halfling huh? Its not our fault you haven't heard the tales of only the greatest Thief us Halfings have ever known. He got his legendary name because its known Halfings hide things in their butt. It didn't stop Stinky though. He got in there. He was a veterinarian at heart. He acquired his COF with this method as well. There are SO many tales of his victories I don't understand how Stinky isn't RP.
Old 10-29-2023, 11:51 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moforyguy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well obviously you aren't a Halfling huh? Its not our fault you haven't heard the tales of only the greatest Thief us Halfings have ever known. He got his legendary name because its known Halfings hide things in their butt. It didn't stop Stinky though. He got in there. He was a veterinarian at heart. He acquired his COF with this method as well. There are SO many tales of his victories I don't understand how Stinky isn't RP.
This is irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skulldudes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i prefer dumb names honestly over some wood elf named unaeleaeliellian

i'm not typing that shit out
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I second that
Do you often exaggerate in an attempt to excuse away your laziness and ambivalence? You are so lazy, you couldn't be bothered to capitalize and use punctuation. Any of us could forgive a typo. We all commit them. That is not the case here. You literally couldn't be bothered to move a pinky to the SHIFT key. If breathing weren't involuntary, you would suffocate and die.

It's not about what you want to type or don't want to type.
It's not about having everything your way, simply because you are selfish and believe you are entitled to what you want and when you want it.
It's not about your complete lack of awareness.
Shocker, everything is not all about you. I know, unbelievable, isn't it? The horror!

If you create and or control the product, apply your rules. If others want to patronize the product with your rules, they will accept those rules and do so. If not, they won't.

Otherwise, It's about the rules set forth by those who do create or control the product.
It's about appropriate use for that product, in this case, naming conventions.
It's about immersion in the "world" and story (in this case). That's a main point of RPGs. It's similar to the concept of reading a book. Good writing keeps one immersed in the story and enjoying the book. Otherwise one stop reading the book.
It's about the seriously easy to use and no fail name generator that makes you instantly compliant and allows for immersion (by everyone) in the RPG. Does a person absolutely have to use the name generator? No, but it's an absolute no fail in a case where too many fail. It's as if being a failure is their purpose.

It's about respecting those who provide you with the product and for free (in this case) and set rules to which you agree for use. There it is, "...rules to which you agree for use." If you use the product and don't agree with rules, this disqualifies you from using the product. If you willfully ignore the rules, you are a liar and should be banned. Don't agree to that which you won't follow.
Old 10-29-2023, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

Bard: Lutean Lootz
Old 10-29-2023, 05:05 PM
Fire Giant

i didnt read your post but a quick glance was enough to infer you are mad about something?
Old 10-29-2023, 06:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moforyguy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Halfings hide things in their butt.
Now I feel better about my haling druid alt named Prison Wallet
Old 10-30-2023, 06:37 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i didnt read your post but a quick glance was enough to infer you are mad about something?
Does someone have to be mad to talk about something?

If that is your way, seek help. I hear there are medications and therapies to help one deal with anger.