Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 12-23-2023, 08:03 AM
Sarnak

It hurts new players but these players are pretty far and few between these days at the level range where they can kill AC and not with relative ease be able to fork out 5k for a MQ.

It’s therefore largely a non-issue I feel. It also doesn’t male much sense to prohibit ring MQ but allow other MQs and if we are to ban MQs for this reason, what’s so different about someone farming fungi king for plat? Should we make funic tunic no-drop too?
Old 12-23-2023, 10:49 PM
Aviak

So you dont want classic, you want custom?
Old 12-28-2023, 09:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOlEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think we all would be better off if the jboots quest was changed so it only required the ring from the ancient cyclops and thus could not be multiquested. This ring is now exclusively farmed by people who just want to sell the MQ and nobody who is actually trying to do the quest can anymore.
I’d rather pay some neckbeard farmer 5k for a pair of boots than farm them myself, so no thanks.
Old 01-10-2024, 06:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It hurts new players but these players are pretty far and few between these days at the level range where they can kill AC and not with relative ease be able to fork out 5k for a MQ.

It’s therefore largely a non-issue I feel. It also doesn’t male much sense to prohibit ring MQ but allow other MQs and if we are to ban MQs for this reason, what’s so different about someone farming fungi king for plat? Should we make funic tunic no-drop too?
I still don't see the problem. On both servers it's fairly easy to get in line and get the camp in OOT. It's really not insanely overcamped at all.

The only annoying one is the Ro spawn if you're competing with farmers, but that's arguably even more fair since anyone can get FTE on it.
Old 01-11-2024, 06:41 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Just go to OOT on a double loot day and it doubles your chances of getting it. That's how I got mine.

And 5K is not a lot of plat.
Old 01-11-2024, 06:52 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Oh, should also add, I am a cleric which is not a great class at camping highly contested mobs, or getting the first hit in etc. so I just got beaten by another class, but because two dropped I asked if I could loot after him and he said sure thing.