Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 02-04-2024, 06:04 PM
Aviak

It's true, if you want the best loot in the game it may require being in a guild for a long time. I still don't see a problem with dkp. Awarding dkp for things where no biddable loot drops inflates numbers, but every guild member has equal access to that mechanic of inflation upon joining (assuming they're willing to help with stuff that is guaranteed not to benefit them). Any way you slice it, attending more shit gets you the pixels you desire eventually. I dunno what the alternative is. Loot council is *way* more gatekeepy and ripe for abuse.
Old 02-04-2024, 11:07 PM
Banned

Still in favor of DKP haircuts. My last guild people a few people gamed the system to accrue ludicrously high totals. They've since left because they "weren't getting what they deserved."
Old 02-05-2024, 12:31 PM
Kobold

Imagine spending more time than a part time job dedicated to getting people in your guild pixels and shit, then when you finally spend your DKP (you earned, by the way) for something and you want some extra plat, maybe for a new alt, or some additional toys for your characters, you can't sell it, all the while people do the same shit on a guildless level 5 bard in EC tunnel and you get slapped on the wrist for it. Fucking hilarious. Also, what's a guild going to do with a million plat? Recharge WC caps? Do you need a million plat for that?
Old 02-05-2024, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammoHung [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll start by saying, I'm not even mad. I just think it's silly.

Spent a month raiding with <Good Guys>, generally having a pretty good time. Fairly active, DJ on raid discord, make available many roles depending on what is needed. I didn't think I was rubbing anyone the wrong way, but I suppose I was...

Got approached because there were "suspicions" that I was selling raid loot. When a "HR" messaged me telling me that GG frowns upon that, and there are ways to sell it back to the guild, I responded with a "Got it, thanks."

This "HR" reported to the guild that my response was flippant and dismissive. This caused people to vote against keeping me in guild.

After a messy CT, and getting harassed by other guilds to concede, (after GG already announced the intent to drop CT) I said in ooc "This game and server suck." Someone from competing guild said something along the lines of "Cry about it, Sammo." And I responded, "suck a CT rod." and left.

This got screenshotted and was a hot topic of discussion for the guild as well. This caused more members to vote against me staying.

So after a month of pretty active raiding, and generally getting along with the guild members and trying to be helpful, I was voted off the island. It's quite silly. The two sticking points I was given (above) for why I was booted are silly. As I said, I'm not even mad. But, you all have to realize how silly that is?

I'm not reading any responses. Trash me all you want, RnF. P99 has had it's ups and downs these last 2 years. I won't see you around in game. On to better things.
The flippant part is a bit silly, although admittedly it would irk me somewhat if I were them because what does it cost you to be polite?

The /ooc isn't really a silly one at all. It's a pretty common expectation in the raiding guilds on here that you don't engage in shit talking with another guild in /ooc during a raid. Officers should be the only way engaging with the other guild(s) in that setting. Great way to risk staff discipline being imposed on the entire guild. So that alone could merit being removed or at the very least a DKP penalty or something.
Old 02-07-2024, 12:10 PM
Kobold

Highly recommend you get some tips from Pikertrading the most prolific seller of GG raid loot in the game. They've sold millions of plat worth of GG raid loot I'm sure they could teach you how to do it and get a pat on the back instead of shown the door.
Old 02-07-2024, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

I’m serious. GG just changed their rules. They allow selling raid loot.

It sounded to me like they had been meaning to change the rule, but hadn’t gotten around to it for some reason, which I can understand.
Old 02-10-2024, 08:24 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

When I was in GG we were a little more clever about stealing pixels from people... Obviously, things have changed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
You are #1 most toxic.