Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 01:52 PM
Aviak

Default New Player / General Questions

I just installed p99 last month and tried blue for a little while and then came to red. I have a 21 monk as of now, Insanez.

Question - Is it generally hard to buy/sell cheap items? I know being Iksar and in Cab most of the time probably makes things a little more difficult. There are not that many people around. I created a profile on the wiki as sort of a "wish list" of items i want to acquire that are pretty cheap, but I'm wondering if I will even be able to buy them(Link in Sig). Now if anyone wants to farm Dalnir for me for some items, that would be awesome too of course.

If anyone around my level range wants to start a group in Kunark hit me up. I try to play Thu-Sat usually. Orrr would it be advised for me to head to FP area to level? Is the lowbie population better there? If so, where can an Iksar bank in that area? Neriak? I'm just trying to get some ideas on the best way to progress without having to solo a lot.

I did play a DE Necro 53 and Iksar Monk 65+ on live, but that was so long ago, I don't really remember all that much.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:08 PM
Fire Giant

You can bank in freeport if you can get a invis to and from the bank. When you walk into the bank just target the banker and bank through the wall. Exp isn't so bad in Kunark but you may find a higher population at your level in Oasis, Unrest, Guk etc.

At 21 you could always get a group in Upper guk at dead side zone in and hammer them levels out until 30, then visit Mistmoore until 40 or up to 44 if you don't mind the slower exp. Then you can do City of Mist well into your 50's. Expect pvp at all of those places, it's a red server. Also Unrest is very fun into your 30's . I always had a blast leveling in Unrest.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:09 PM
Sarnak

Not really, the issue with buying and selling cheap items is it is not really worth someone's time especially the level 60s. If anything is worth less than 500pp or so I usually just give it away.

A better post is let us know how much you have to spend and people would give you an idea of what you could actually find to buy that would matter.

I thought the crescent armor was no drop.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:11 PM
Fire Giant

A simple but effective way to gear out properly on p1999 would be to level a farming class char first. Such as a druid, they don't require too much gear. Monks,Warriors and Sk are very gear dependent.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:11 PM
Aviak

It is no drop. I saw a lot of post about high levels clearing the place out and allowing a monk to loot all the pieces that dropped.

I don't have really any money, less than 200p and 12+ stacks of bone chips which I can never sell.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:13 PM
Fire Giant

would get a port over to butcher, get a bind in gfay and go to unrest or mm. you'll deal with some griefers but it's where people exp more frequently as well.

as for gear you'll probably find some people along the way that will give you some scraps to help you progress.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Petitioned for name violation.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:35 PM
Banned

Monk needs very little gear. I would get two wu sticks and start saving for 55hp rings and a fbss. If I have some extra time this weekend I will bring you down in dalnir for 1-2 hours to see what drops.
Putting you on friends and we can talk this weekend.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:37 PM
Aviak

Thanks Qtip! I already have the 2 sticks I bought off some generous troll for cheap. The next thing is just getting a little bit hp/ac/str and haste then I am set.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:38 PM
Aviak

hey op! i feel your iksar pain. i have a 19 shm right now and am pretty new to the server. ive thought about going to the old world to level (old world mobs have less ac and hp it seems) but then i would have to go back to cab to buy spells =/ I started on blue and even got a monk up to 18 ... I quit blue when I realized there are chinese gold farmers over there and noped the fuck out. hit me up for a sow anytime. edit: i have no idea what the heck my sig is linking to.