Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 12:44 AM
Orc

Default Cool things to do at 40+ (rogue)

I'm currently camped inside CoM. Level 41 Rogue.

People say to stay at CoM until 51, but I'd rather jump around. So, what are some other spots I could camp?

I really wish I could solo camp some cash mobs, and its really killing me that I can't because as a level 40 MNK, SHM, NEC, ENC, I could be casually camping something. I'm dependent on groups, and I'll probably need to save another 28k to get my Epic MQ, so what suggestions do you guys have?

Edit: Btw I stayed at MM CE until 41, I haven't even killed a mob in CoM yet, so I haven't even experienced it yet!
Old 10-28-2018, 01:39 AM
Sarnak

Hey man! If you are down for it I really think CoM is an awesome zone. I personally like some of the hotter zones cuz if I don't have a lot of time I can jump on for an hour or so and its pretty easy to just scoop a group.

I also really liked SolB. You are just kinda moving into that level range.. even if you get a small group and sat at window camp. I think that's a lower level range in that area. Xp would be screaming.

and once you start pushing 44 or 45 the hole with a small group could be a lot of fun also hella xp.

of course most of these suggestions are group related. I have never played a rogue in my EQ journey, but I would imagine you would want some form of group so you could see those sweet sweet backstabs.
Old 10-28-2018, 03:29 AM
Banned

com is horrible exp. Kill guards or go to OT
Old 10-28-2018, 04:15 AM
Banned

I heard there is a book that is worth grabbing
Old 10-28-2018, 04:28 AM
Banned

I did not read what the others have posted but CoM really is your only option until 50/51 because for most people who just flat out give zero fucks just stay on the leveling path. Even if you join a stepping stone guild it would take a great amount of influence to get them to move from the leveling path. As much as it bores/angers/irritates me, your only RELIABLE and FOR CERTAIN option is to stay in CoM until others decide you are ready for Karnors.
Old 10-28-2018, 07:13 AM
Planar Protector

Drag corpses in Seb for big plats.
Old 10-28-2018, 07:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Drag corpses in Seb for big plats.
What kind of money does a rogue make doing this?
Old 10-28-2018, 07:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What kind of money does a rogue make doing this?
Not a lot.

Occasionally someone will pay you 100p.

But 9 out 10 people will thank you and run off.
Old 10-28-2018, 07:45 AM
Planar Protector

Rogues don't really make much in the way of plat until 50+ when they can get in higher end dungeon groups. I never liked CoM for exp. Lower Guk is a good option, though, if you can get a group there since WR bags and TBB are always in fashion. Sol B is good too for some items.

Once you get to 45, you'll be able to solo the Hill Giants in EK and WK, which are blue till 50/51 respectively. It's slow exp, but you'll make a ton of plat doing it.

My best suggestion though is to keep leveling like you're doing and then use what plat you have to buy a Seb Key when you get to your low 50's. Once you can get into Seb groups you'll have the plat you need for your MQ in no time.
Last edited by Ravager; 10-28-2018 at 07:47 AM..
Old 10-28-2018, 09:12 AM
Planar Protector

CoM is the most active group spot in your 40s, but plenty of other options exist especially if you have some buddies you have made along the way you can get to join you. Other dungeon options are sol b, lower guk, kaesora, droga (maybe only early 40s), kedge. The first 2 do have people in them often, the latter 3 you should definitely plan to bring your own group. Outdoor options also exist and open up a lot of duo possibilities for a rogue such as necros and sks. Outdoor options with people active and sometimes grouping include OT and DL, but other options exist like various city guards.

Do people usually have to buy seb Keys these days? The seb key is pretty easy if you have a ranger or Druid buddy. You can probably get each of you a key in an hour.

I would consider just doing the rogue epic rather than buying the MQ. It’s not very hard, plus I personally get some satisfaction from doing my own epic quest.
Closed Thread