Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 10-02-2023, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

Evidently Secrets is already planning on going from TAKP client to Evolution client, too.
Old 10-02-2023, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

It's too bad that they decided to go up to Planes of Power. I can't imagine Luclin and PoP being all that popular. It's pretty well known amongst most of the classic crowd that starting with Luclin was the start of the downfall of EQ. P99 is awesome, just needs Green 2.0 and Quarm will be a distant memory. Although it would be cool if they added to Green 2.0 the different play modes that Quarm is doing with Hardcore, Self Found and Solo.
Old 10-02-2023, 12:40 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's too bad that they decided to go up to Planes of Power. I can't imagine Luclin and PoP being all that popular. It's pretty well known amongst most of the classic crowd that starting with Luclin was the start of the downfall of EQ. P99 is awesome, just needs Green 2.0 and Quarm will be a distant memory. Although it would be cool if they added to Green 2.0 the different play modes that Quarm is doing with Hardcore, Self Found and Solo.
I enjoyed Luclin back the in day, so it's a draw for me, yet I am not there. Planes of Power was okay from a play the game perspective. It didn't make sense to me that everyone goes and punks their deity and without repercussions. I felt the same way about Fear, Hate and Growth though. Classic fans love them.
Old 10-02-2023, 12:57 PM
Banned

I really like luclin, its the most lore rich and the zones and mobs are the coolest
Old 10-02-2023, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i agree with you that the game went downhill from luclin onwards....

the appeal of the pop box, like quarm, is that nobody is doing it. yeah, agnarr exists but its a ghost town. hopefully this isnt the fate of quarm, but i doubt it.

also i've been doing eq-velious for a while now, as have many others. I think even tho many of us might admit that luclin/pop was the beginning of the end for the game, it still has many features and content that would probably interest and appeal to the core classic-velious crowd. This is why i've warmed up to the idea of a luclin-pop server and i'm sure i can't be the only one.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 10-02-2023, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

I've only ever played kunark and velious.

This is a new, fun thing.
Old 10-02-2023, 03:10 PM
Orc

Live’s death started at endgame Luclin. PoP was life support, GoD was the machine being unplugged.
Old 10-02-2023, 04:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toryas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Live’s death started at endgame Luclin. PoP was life support, GoD was the machine being unplugged.
EQ's death is misremembered. It didn't have to do with any internal expansion release. It died due to competition from the outside.

Another game released on November 23, 2004. That game appealed to the masses better than EQ ever will.
Old 10-02-2023, 06:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ's death is misremembered. It didn't have to do with any internal expansion release. It died due to competition from the outside.

Another game released on November 23, 2004. That game appealed to the masses better than EQ ever will.
Exactly this. Luclin was seen as amazing on release, and still is. If there was a P99 quality server up to Luclin, I'd be willing to bet a huge chunk of the playerbase would go there. TAKP just wasn't it.

PoP had fantastic raid zones, but PoKnowledge unfortunately did absolutely ruin the original vibe of the game.

Always said a Luclin server that has PoPower zones scattered around the world (besides Tranquility and Knowledge) would be perfect.
Old 10-02-2023, 08:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's also because EQ2 was released around the same time, so EQ had to compete with WoW AND EQ2