Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 10-04-2023, 11:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The HS wings aren't a single camp.

If someone claims North all you have to do is go beyond their LoS. According to the seb crypt example this is perfectly fine.

North Ramp is just the premo spot because it has a safe AFK spot. Just like in South...the safe cubby is the typical spot but thats not stopping anyone from going and setting up shop in another spot.
Nobody wants to hear this.

If there is a group of let's say 3-4+ players, and they are attempting clear the entire North Wing, I will leave them alone, camp and try again another time.

Shit - if it's a solo player, and they say something like "I'm only killing these few mobs, you can have some of these." I will probably just let them be and camp, and come back another time. Or maybe suggest a duo with them.

However, if there is one enchanter only killing 6-7 mobs and claiming the whole wing -- I push back on that.

Then said enchanter(s) usually gets upset and start threatening petitions for camp stealing. Claims running OBS to show the GMs, etc etc. I laugh it off, and kill anyway.

I don't ever have any disputes with players who act reasonably, are considerate, or just aren't goobers. The goobers who send a tell as soon as you log in telling you to "get out because it's camped", on the other hand...
Old 10-04-2023, 11:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_PVP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just PK him next time… oh wait. Guess you should’ve joined RED
I know. I really wish there were more than 50 concurrent players at a time on Red. Never did EQ PVP. Only started p99 2 years ago, and red was already dried up.

Hearing from the OG devs in various interviews, this is the way they intended all player disputes to resolve. Someone is pushing in on your camp? PK them. Someone is camping something you want? PK them. Someone did something to you a few days ago and you're still salty? PK them repeatedly.
Old 10-04-2023, 11:41 AM
Fire Giant

whats the point of getting items on blue, you can kill all the bosses in velious with kunark items. Might aswell be playing barbie dress up island adventure because your pixels are useless.
Old 10-04-2023, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salaryman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
whats the point of getting items on blue, you can kill all the bosses in velious with kunark items. Might aswell be playing barbie dress up island adventure because your pixels are useless.
same with green
Old 10-04-2023, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody wants to hear this.

If there is a group of let's say 3-4+ players, and they are attempting clear the entire North Wing, I will leave them alone, camp and try again another time.

Shit - if it's a solo player, and they say something like "I'm only killing these few mobs, you can have some of these." I will probably just let them be and camp, and come back another time. Or maybe suggest a duo with them.

However, if there is one enchanter only killing 6-7 mobs and claiming the whole wing -- I push back on that.

Then said enchanter(s) usually gets upset and start threatening petitions for camp stealing. Claims running OBS to show the GMs, etc etc. I laugh it off, and kill anyway.

I don't ever have any disputes with players who act reasonably, are considerate, or just aren't goobers. The goobers who send a tell as soon as you log in telling you to "get out because it's camped", on the other hand...
All you had to do was leave. I petitioned you and am still awaiting my petition request for your immediate removal for no less then 1 week. Enjoy the vacation.
Old 10-04-2023, 12:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All you had to do was leave. I petitioned you and am still awaiting my petition request for your immediate removal for no less then 1 week. Enjoy the vacation.
I think you're joking, and it wasn't you. If so, i lul'd.

If it is you, youre a Goober. When you're in a camp everyone else must vacate the premises! Or else!! 1 week vacation! lol either way
Old 10-04-2023, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

it was me
Old 10-04-2023, 05:52 PM
Orc

I am Spartacus!
Old 10-04-2023, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The HS wings aren't a single camp.
^ this.

People really should be careful saying “this is camped”. It might force someone to look up the rule that will designate them to like 3 spawns inside a room and maybe a little trash outside the door.
Old 10-04-2023, 06:35 PM
Banned

It's best to just have a full group that way you can just kill mobs as they spawn.

GMs can divide camps and kick you out anytime tho. This happened on live all the time. Multiple parties where always told to rotate spawns. If they didn't they got suspended.