Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 01-16-2024, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do have a love / hate relationship with EC. It's a great place to wheel and deal and feels a lot more skill based to some degree. On the other hand, if I am after a particular item, having to sit there for multiple days just in the hopes that someone ends up selling it is absolutely terrible. The bazaar certainly ruined the "fun" of the zone, but it solved a lot more issues than it created.

The nexus I never really found to be all that earth shattering. People that complain about to ease of travel apparently have no money to spend on a port? I have NEVER found it difficult to move around places even on P99. Any destination is just 20p away. I guess the only difference is I do have to talk to another player, albeit just one.
Yeah I mean that's true on ports but I do think there's something to be said about being reliant on other players and paying them for their time. And while you're right that you can usually find ports on P99, there are def times where I've just been unable to find a port and have taken the boat or ran to my destination. Plus on P99 things are a bit different because you have DAP, so it's even easier to find a porter...a lot of servers on live didn't have a guild like that.
Old 01-16-2024, 07:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do have a love / hate relationship with EC. It's a great place to wheel and deal and feels a lot more skill based to some degree. On the other hand, if I am after a particular item, having to sit there for multiple days just in the hopes that someone ends up selling it is absolutely terrible. The bazaar certainly ruined the "fun" of the zone, but it solved a lot more issues than it created.
I've news for you next episode. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-16-2024, 08:24 PM
Kobold

Real classic EQ is Vanilla, RoK, and SoL.
Old 01-16-2024, 08:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luclin's basic design can be distilled down to Kunark 2.0. It's practically the same basic setup as Kunark. Luclin is ruined by some horrible implementation, a terrible graphic overhaul, and unnecessary feature bloat, but those things were not core to the design. It was bad but did not have to be bad. With sufficient modification Luclin could be turned into a decent expansion following the Kunark mold.

Planes of Power is irredeemable garbage that ruined the game for anyone except the minority who liked raiding. It was trash when it was new, it's trash now, and it cannot be anything else. I spit on it.
Very much agree.
Old 01-28-2024, 05:54 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Honestly if they nixxed the Luclin character model update and instead of cats did guk frogs as a playable race and did something besides "the moon" as the continent. Luclin would've gone down as one of EQ's best expansions ever. People are VERY anti cats and anti moons for whatever reason.
Old 01-29-2024, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WHO IS ANDY
I don't know but I think he's goofing on Elvis.
Old 01-29-2024, 04:43 PM
Sarnak

anyone who defends PoP is factually objectively incorrect
Old 01-29-2024, 05:57 PM
Aviak

My favorite memory of PoP was taking my main character, who was a low fifties paladin, to one of the new zones for some casual grouping, and getting smacked for 400+ points of damage per swing by the yard trash.. the dark blue /con yard trash. Coming from casual pickup groups in the old world and previous expansions to PoP's ridiculously overinflated damage tables and hit point pools felt like a splash of freezing water to the balls. Sometimes the Clerics wouldn't even be able to cast CH fast enough to keep my character from being completely flattened in less than ten seconds flat. And god forbid the puller brings along an add or two.
Old 01-30-2024, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

People that say the EC tunnel is better than an automated bazaar have rocks in they heads.
Old 01-30-2024, 06:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by htabdoolb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My favorite memory of PoP was taking my main character, who was a low fifties paladin, to one of the new zones for some casual grouping, and getting smacked for 400+ points of damage per swing by the yard trash.. the dark blue /con yard trash. Coming from casual pickup groups in the old world and previous expansions to PoP's ridiculously overinflated damage tables and hit point pools felt like a splash of freezing water to the balls. Sometimes the Clerics wouldn't even be able to cast CH fast enough to keep my character from being completely flattened in less than ten seconds flat. And god forbid the puller brings along an add or two.
seems like a get good situation